Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    9348 times
    Metal Detecting
    On the other hand - take a look at your birth certificate. No where does it say: "Give this one an easy pass through life".

At some point someone had to claw their way up whether it was current generation or some of the past ones.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    On the other hand - take a look at your birth certificate. No where does it say: "Give this one an easy pass through life".

At some point someone had to claw their way up whether it was current generation or some of the past ones.
    Good post Charlie. Some might consider various people to be the "haves". But yes: They knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there . Hence they CERTAINLY DO INDEED DESERVE to be "haves". Not all were born with it.

Ooops, I guess I just went political. With a post that has nothing to do with md'ing. Oh well .

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3215 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzy View Post
    I guess I'm one of the "haves".........
    I have my faith, a wonderful wife and family, friends, my health, moral and ethical character, the ability to earn a living, the time to enjoy my hobbies..........
    As for financial wealth...........I have NOT!!
    AMEN!
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    4762 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Was it ethical gain while they clawed their way to the top? I’m a haves. I’m still here in the garden with a loving family.
    Thank God.
    Chizzy, Loco-Digger and T.C. like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1494 times
    I should have stopped reading after the original post but I didn't and have wasted a bit of time that I didn't really have to waste.
    Marvin
    jeff of pa and Loco-Digger like this.
    The Wife says that I'm lazy.
    I
    tell her that I'm conserving energy.
    Beep, Beep.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro PointerÖÖ Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    25911 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    so i'm puzzled ? maybe that's the wrong word ? how does the word politics come about when I ask a simple question ? no names are mentioned and no TOPIC ?
    Lack of Details made me wonder if you felt you could slip it by not mentioning Names or topic

I know that's how I'd do it

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Lack of Details made me wonder if you felt you could slip it by not mentioning Names or topic

I know that's how I'd do it
    I agree, the OP was very vague.
    nomad 11 likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Jun 2015
    NW CT
    AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    939 times
    MD & NA artifacts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post
    AMEN!
    Chizzy and Waterscoop - I'm with you. I'm in relatively good health for my age, I have the love of a good woman, I haven't gone to bed hungry in a number of years and I love doing the simple things in life. Private jets, champagne and celebrity status don't appeal to me. I've already got far more than I deserve.
    HH
    dts
    Loco-Digger, Chizzy, T.C. and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    so i'm puzzled ? maybe that's the wrong word ? how does the word politics come about when I ask a simple question ? no names are mentioned and no TOPIC ?
    I did not name any names, it was a reminder to not become political. Thread is open invitation to politics, Ammoman post (below) was just above mine was not political either, it was a reminder to keep replies non-political.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Nope....only one set of rules Haves get everything have not's get nothing. pretty much been that way forever.

We all come into this world the same, naked and crying, we make our own destiny. I was suppose to be born rich, I wasn't and I have done the best I can, I do not hold it against anyone else who has done better.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Mar 13, 2018 at 09:30 AM.
    dts52, Swaveab, Chizzy and 2 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape View Post
    Do the haves have detectors? If not their have nots.
    You'll never see dirt under the finger nails of the "haves".
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    6749 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I'm not a "haves" or a "haves not"
    I'm a "haves enough"
    I have been very fortunate in my life, in that I have a great family, friends, and a successful career.
    We are in America, and have the opportunity to be as successful as we would like. It all comes down to how hard you want to work to achieve the things you want. Sure it seems that some have advantage over others, but that's just the way it is. I live by my morals not my money and try not to judge others for the things they choose to do, as long as it doesn't effect what I choose to do.
    I have allot of respect for the"haves" that started at the bottom and worked for what they have, but I doubt they are any happier then I.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Illinois
    Equinox 600 Garrett Carrot Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer Vibra-tector 730 Lesche 18" and 30" shovel's 4 fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast.
    2994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Good post Charlie. Some might consider various people to be the "haves". But yes: They knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there . Hence they CERTAINLY DO INDEED DESERVE to be "haves". Not all were born with it.

Ooops, I guess I just went political. With a post that has nothing to do with md'ing. Oh well .
    If they knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there, then fine, but most of the haves have screwed over the have not's.
    Swaveab likes this.
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

Charter Member
    us
    Joe

Nov 2014
    VA
    Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
    6749 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by relic nut View Post
    I'm not a "haves" or a "haves not"
    I'm a "haves enough"
    I have been very fortunate in my life, in that I have a great family, friends, and a successful career.
    We are in America, and have the opportunity to be as successful as we would like. It all comes down to how hard you want to work to achieve the things you want. Sure it seems that some have advantage over others, but that's just the way it is. I live by my morals not my money and try not to judge others for the things they choose to do, as long as it doesn't effect what I choose to do.
    I have allot of respect for the"haves" that started at the bottom and worked for what they have, but I doubt they are any happier then I.
    And many that I know stepped on no one to get there and even took a few with them.

us
    Jun 2015
    NW CT
    AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    939 times
    MD & NA artifacts
    It kind of reminds me of an episode of "Shark Tank". One of the billionare sharks (no names) when told by the guy looking for investors that he runs marathons (or half - I don't recall accurately) told him something like: "I'm out - if you find time to train for marathons and you're not working 24/7 on your business, you are not focused enough for me". I turned to my wife and said "Guess I'm never going to be a billionare - then again, I guess I don't want to be". I can't accept that the good Lord put us here with the intention that we never find time for anything except gathering wealth - for what? So that someday people can say - "There is old so-and-so. He's the richest guy in the cemetery." Sorry for the soapbox speech. Just my opinion, (or my way of rationalizing my lack of monetary wealth).
    HH
    dts

us
    Apr 2009
    1285 times
    Lots of people want to be rich. Otherwise they wouldn’t sell so many lotto tickets. I don’t buy them. I don’t like playing games I always louse at.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links