WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lack of Details made me wonder if you felt you could slip it by not mentioning Names or topic :laughing7:

I know that's how I'd do it :coffee2:

I agree, the OP was very vague.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

Chizzy and Waterscoop - I'm with you. I'm in relatively good health for my age, I have the love of a good woman, I haven't gone to bed hungry in a number of years and I love doing the simple things in life. Private jets, champagne and celebrity status don't appeal to me. I've already got far more than I deserve.
HH
dts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i'm puzzled ? maybe that's the wrong word ? how does the word politics come about when I ask a simple question ? no names are mentioned and no TOPIC ?

I did not name any names, it was a reminder to not become political. Thread is open invitation to politics, Ammoman post (below) was just above mine was not political either, it was a reminder to keep replies non-political.

Nope....only one set of rules Haves get everything have not's get nothing. pretty much been that way forever.

We all come into this world the same, naked and crying, we make our own destiny. I was suppose to be born rich, I wasn't and I have done the best I can, I do not hold it against anyone else who has done better.

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a "haves" or a "haves not"
I'm a "haves enough"
I have been very fortunate in my life, in that I have a great family, friends, and a successful career.
We are in America, and have the opportunity to be as successful as we would like. It all comes down to how hard you want to work to achieve the things you want. Sure it seems that some have advantage over others, but that's just the way it is. I live by my morals not my money and try not to judge others for the things they choose to do, as long as it doesn't effect what I choose to do.
I have allot of respect for the"haves" that started at the bottom and worked for what they have, but I doubt they are any happier then I.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post Charlie. Some might consider various people to be the "haves". But yes: They knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there . Hence they CERTAINLY DO INDEED DESERVE to be "haves". Not all were born with it.

Ooops, I guess I just went political. With a post that has nothing to do with md'ing. Oh well . :tongue3:

If they knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there, then fine, but most of the haves have screwed over the have not's.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a "haves" or a "haves not"
I'm a "haves enough"
I have been very fortunate in my life, in that I have a great family, friends, and a successful career.
We are in America, and have the opportunity to be as successful as we would like. It all comes down to how hard you want to work to achieve the things you want. Sure it seems that some have advantage over others, but that's just the way it is. I live by my morals not my money and try not to judge others for the things they choose to do, as long as it doesn't effect what I choose to do.
I have allot of respect for the"haves" that started at the bottom and worked for what they have, but I doubt they are any happier then I.
And many that I know stepped on no one to get there and even took a few with them.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
It kind of reminds me of an episode of "Shark Tank". One of the billionare sharks (no names) when told by the guy looking for investors that he runs marathons (or half - I don't recall accurately) told him something like: "I'm out - if you find time to train for marathons and you're not working 24/7 on your business, you are not focused enough for me". I turned to my wife and said "Guess I'm never going to be a billionare - then again, I guess I don't want to be". I can't accept that the good Lord put us here with the intention that we never find time for anything except gathering wealth - for what? So that someday people can say - "There is old so-and-so. He's the richest guy in the cemetery." Sorry for the soapbox speech. Just my opinion, (or my way of rationalizing my lack of monetary wealth).
HH
dts

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Lots of people want to be rich. Otherwise they wouldn’t sell so many lotto tickets. I don’t buy them. I don’t like playing games I always louse at.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there, then fine, but most of the haves have screwed over the have not's.

I don't disagree.

But pull out that birth certificate again and see if the fine print says: "the world will be fair and just to this one".

Cougars don't give deer sporting chances and foxes don't allow hens an appeal.

Humans invented "fair" so we can also change it at will.

Is it fair you were born in the US and not the Congo?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't disagree.

But pull out that birth certificate again and see if the fine print says: "the world will be fair and just to this one".

Cougars don't give deer sporting chances and foxes don't allow hens an appeal.

Humans invented "fair" so we can also change it at will.

Is it fair you were born in the US and not the Congo?

Spot on Charlie, my son use to say "Dad, that's not fair" I told him "son nowhere on your birth certificate does it say life is fair, we make our on destiny." I told him "work on being the best man you can be and don't look for reasons to blame others and you will be a success."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll never see dirt under the finger nails of the "haves".

Not really true, I have friends who detect that are quite well off and love to detect. I have known many people over my lifetime who became quite well off and they got that way by hard work and getting "dirt under their nails".

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll never see dirt under the finger nails of the "haves".

I've met "haves" that are very dirty under the nails, and the other side of the coin where the "haves" haven't seen a whole lot of working days.

Actually what is a "haves" is it money, friends, knowledge or a combination of all?

Again what is a "haves"? I view the above statement as a tad bit of jealousy. Here is my reasoning for my comment.

A person works up their business, while sacrificing everything else. I mean no family life, no hobbies, no entertainment, no holidays just driven to succeed. Then they get it, and now they start to buy a toy or two, go on a holiday, live in a nice home, are seen out and about.

The words out of many mouths are "Oh that must be nice" when they see them with what ever they have enjoying themselves. Many driven folks are self starters, they don't eat people up along the way, nor do they cheat/steal/ they do the time. But nobody sees that because everyone that is commenting on the one that has it have a jaded view of what it took to get there.

I don't know the story of the person that drives by me in a car that's worth more than a house. I just applaud silently when I see somebody truly enjoying the fruits of their efforts, as it probably didn't come easy.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we can define the 'haves' as being those with excessive money or anything that is equal to that in excess that can be equated in terms of money.

I don't begrudge those that have it, I just would like to as well and it isn't always that one doesn't work hard enough to achieve it. I have seen many cases of those haves either inheriting it or stealing (includes underhanded business practices) to achieve it. What the actual numbers are that do so underhandedly in comparison to those that honestly worked for it are, I couldn't say. Some say it is work to underhandedly achieve wealth too. Semantics issues.

To tie this into MDing (and assuming all are honest) is to say Joe got 5 pounds of silver last year and I searched every day on twice as much ground and got only one pound. Some might argue even 1 pound is good too, but I'm only doing an exercise example. It does happen sometimes that it's just fate, if one believes in that and I won't get into the other possibilities and other possibilities do exist. Enough said?

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think he means people that have more money are better off in eyes of the law

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I agree, the OP was very vague.

well i did'nt really think anybody would even care ! you know those people with short attention spans ? and when you catch them not paying attention and pretending to listen ? then you put them on the spot and they give you that lame excuse ! um i have other things on my mind ? yea sure another reason what friends are good for ? then i say well next time do both of us a favor. next time just say i dont care !

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've met "haves" that are very dirty under the nails, and the other side of the coin where the "haves" haven't seen a whole lot of working days.

Actually what is a "haves" is it money, friends, knowledge or a combination of all?

Again what is a "haves"? I view the above statement as a tad bit of jealousy. Here is my reasoning for my comment.

A person works up their business, while sacrificing everything else. I mean no family life, no hobbies, no entertainment, no holidays just driven to succeed. Then they get it, and now they start to buy a toy or two, go on a holiday, live in a nice home, are seen out and about.

The words out of many mouths are "Oh that must be nice" when they see them with what ever they have enjoying themselves. Many driven folks are self starters, they don't eat people up along the way, nor do they cheat/steal/ they do the time. But nobody sees that because everyone that is commenting on the one that has it have a jaded view of what it took to get there.

I don't know the story of the person that drives by me in a car that's worth more than a house. I just applaud silently when I see somebody truly enjoying the fruits of their efforts, as it probably didn't come easy.

I understand where you are coming from. When I opened my business 10 years ago I did not take a single day off for the first 2 years. Yes, I worked over 720 days straight. Every single holiday including Christmas and New Year’s Day was spent at the store working. I always snicker under my breath when I hear someone complaining about how they have worked 18 days straight and need a day off. After those first two years I decided it was time to take a day off and decided on Sunday. I now have at least two and sometimes 3 Sundays off a month and on those days I metal detect (weather permitting)

When I went to school at a late age I did the same thing. I dedicated myself to the goal I set. Nothing was going to stop me. So what if I didn't know Algebra? Who cares if I had never written an Essay in my entire life, how hard could it be? Did it really matter that I graduated number 77 out of 78 in my high school class? No, when I decided to go to college I put everything I had into the goal I set for myself. I convinced the Admissions officer that I had what it takes to succeed in school and she believed me. I took remedial classes at a local community college to get me up to speed in my weak areas and went on to graduate with a pretty decent GPA. I wanted a 4.0 but wound up with a 3.46.

Considering the hurdles I had to jump, Single Father raising 2 children among other things, I feel pretty good about the outcome. I now HAVE a Bachelor's Degree in English. LOL funny thing is, I may be the only person who holds a degree in English that can't spell! Thank God for Spell check.

My point is...we as people keep ourselves down by not following thru on the goals we set for ourselves. We might make the goal but we often don’t map out a plan to achieve that goal. The haves will always have because they set the goal and follow a plan to make it happen. That plan is always subject to modification as necessary.

This philosophy applies to everything in life. If money is your end goal then go out and make it happen by identifying how much you want to make and then make a realistic plan to achieve that goal. If love is your interest then put yourself out there and take down the walls you have built. If losing weight is something you are interested in then believe in yourself and don’t make excuses while eating that doughnut in front of the TV.

But, if you are one of those people that has no will power and does not set goals and lacks the discipline to follow thru with the plans you have set, you will always blame others for your misfortunes and will always HAVE NOT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Please remember this is not the politics forum.

uh huh ! this guy or is it gal has got a grip on this ! you must know how politics really works ! yep nippin it right in the bud ! member when Barney had a fit cuz Andy was'nt nippin it in the bud ? now i admit i have no idea how politics works ? heck i'm not even smart enough to have a smart phone yet alone vote. hey if any of you wants to come and explain to me how it all works ? we can talk over a beer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread