Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    9366 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by digger460 View Post
    If they knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there, then fine, but most of the haves have screwed over the have not's.
    I don't disagree.

But pull out that birth certificate again and see if the fine print says: "the world will be fair and just to this one".

Cougars don't give deer sporting chances and foxes don't allow hens an appeal.

Humans invented "fair" so we can also change it at will.

Is it fair you were born in the US and not the Congo?
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27130 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    I don't disagree.

But pull out that birth certificate again and see if the fine print says: "the world will be fair and just to this one".

Cougars don't give deer sporting chances and foxes don't allow hens an appeal.

Humans invented "fair" so we can also change it at will.

Is it fair you were born in the US and not the Congo?
    Spot on Charlie, my son use to say "Dad, that's not fair" I told him "son nowhere on your birth certificate does it say life is fair, we make our on destiny." I told him "work on being the best man you can be and don't look for reasons to blame others and you will be a success."
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27130 times
    You'll never see dirt under the finger nails of the "haves".
    Not really true, I have friends who detect that are quite well off and love to detect. I have known many people over my lifetime who became quite well off and they got that way by hard work and getting "dirt under their nails".
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16297 times
    Relic Hunting
    You'll never see dirt under the finger nails of the "haves".
    I've met "haves" that are very dirty under the nails, and the other side of the coin where the "haves" haven't seen a whole lot of working days.

Actually what is a "haves" is it money, friends, knowledge or a combination of all?

If they knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there, then fine, but most of the haves have screwed over the have not's.
    Again what is a "haves"? I view the above statement as a tad bit of jealousy. Here is my reasoning for my comment.

A person works up their business, while sacrificing everything else. I mean no family life, no hobbies, no entertainment, no holidays just driven to succeed. Then they get it, and now they start to buy a toy or two, go on a holiday, live in a nice home, are seen out and about.

The words out of many mouths are "Oh that must be nice" when they see them with what ever they have enjoying themselves. Many driven folks are self starters, they don't eat people up along the way, nor do they cheat/steal/ they do the time. But nobody sees that because everyone that is commenting on the one that has it have a jaded view of what it took to get there.

I don't know the story of the person that drives by me in a car that's worth more than a house. I just applaud silently when I see somebody truly enjoying the fruits of their efforts, as it probably didn't come easy.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    214 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    I think we can define the 'haves' as being those with excessive money or anything that is equal to that in excess that can be equated in terms of money.

I don't begrudge those that have it, I just would like to as well and it isn't always that one doesn't work hard enough to achieve it. I have seen many cases of those haves either inheriting it or stealing (includes underhanded business practices) to achieve it. What the actual numbers are that do so underhandedly in comparison to those that honestly worked for it are, I couldn't say. Some say it is work to underhandedly achieve wealth too. Semantics issues.

To tie this into MDing (and assuming all are honest) is to say Joe got 5 pounds of silver last year and I searched every day on twice as much ground and got only one pound. Some might argue even 1 pound is good too, but I'm only doing an exercise example. It does happen sometimes that it's just fate, if one believes in that and I won't get into the other possibilities and other possibilities do exist. Enough said?
    RustyGold and Limitool like this.

hr
    Mar 2017
    Croatia
    gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
    43 times
    i think he means people that have more money are better off in eyes of the law

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    I agree, the OP was very vague.
    well i did'nt really think anybody would even care ! you know those people with short attention spans ? and when you catch them not paying attention and pretending to listen ? then you put them on the spot and they give you that lame excuse ! um i have other things on my mind ? yea sure another reason what friends are good for ? then i say well next time do both of us a favor. next time just say i dont care !
    pepperj likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    2629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    I've met "haves" that are very dirty under the nails, and the other side of the coin where the "haves" haven't seen a whole lot of working days.

Actually what is a "haves" is it money, friends, knowledge or a combination of all?

Again what is a "haves"? I view the above statement as a tad bit of jealousy. Here is my reasoning for my comment.

A person works up their business, while sacrificing everything else. I mean no family life, no hobbies, no entertainment, no holidays just driven to succeed. Then they get it, and now they start to buy a toy or two, go on a holiday, live in a nice home, are seen out and about.

The words out of many mouths are "Oh that must be nice" when they see them with what ever they have enjoying themselves. Many driven folks are self starters, they don't eat people up along the way, nor do they cheat/steal/ they do the time. But nobody sees that because everyone that is commenting on the one that has it have a jaded view of what it took to get there.

I don't know the story of the person that drives by me in a car that's worth more than a house. I just applaud silently when I see somebody truly enjoying the fruits of their efforts, as it probably didn't come easy.
    I understand where you are coming from. When I opened my business 10 years ago I did not take a single day off for the first 2 years. Yes, I worked over 720 days straight. Every single holiday including Christmas and New Year’s Day was spent at the store working. I always snicker under my breath when I hear someone complaining about how they have worked 18 days straight and need a day off. After those first two years I decided it was time to take a day off and decided on Sunday. I now have at least two and sometimes 3 Sundays off a month and on those days I metal detect (weather permitting)

When I went to school at a late age I did the same thing. I dedicated myself to the goal I set. Nothing was going to stop me. So what if I didn't know Algebra? Who cares if I had never written an Essay in my entire life, how hard could it be? Did it really matter that I graduated number 77 out of 78 in my high school class? No, when I decided to go to college I put everything I had into the goal I set for myself. I convinced the Admissions officer that I had what it takes to succeed in school and she believed me. I took remedial classes at a local community college to get me up to speed in my weak areas and went on to graduate with a pretty decent GPA. I wanted a 4.0 but wound up with a 3.46.

Considering the hurdles I had to jump, Single Father raising 2 children among other things, I feel pretty good about the outcome. I now HAVE a Bachelor's Degree in English. LOL funny thing is, I may be the only person who holds a degree in English that can't spell! Thank God for Spell check.

My point is...we as people keep ourselves down by not following thru on the goals we set for ourselves. We might make the goal but we often don’t map out a plan to achieve that goal. The haves will always have because they set the goal and follow a plan to make it happen. That plan is always subject to modification as necessary.

This philosophy applies to everything in life. If money is your end goal then go out and make it happen by identifying how much you want to make and then make a realistic plan to achieve that goal. If love is your interest then put yourself out there and take down the walls you have built. If losing weight is something you are interested in then believe in yourself and don’t make excuses while eating that doughnut in front of the TV.

But, if you are one of those people that has no will power and does not set goals and lacks the discipline to follow thru with the plans you have set, you will always blame others for your misfortunes and will always HAVE NOT.
    Last edited by Ammoman; Mar 13, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
    pepperj, T.C. and RustyGold like this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    At this moment, you're not doing anything to discount that notion.
    ok just tell me right up front what i did to make you hate me. come on ? no beating around the bush now ?
    Kray Gelder likes this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Please remember this is not the politics forum.
    uh huh ! this guy or is it gal has got a grip on this ! you must know how politics really works ! yep nippin it right in the bud ! member when Barney had a fit cuz Andy was'nt nippin it in the bud ? now i admit i have no idea how politics works ? heck i'm not even smart enough to have a smart phone yet alone vote. hey if any of you wants to come and explain to me how it all works ? we can talk over a beer.

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1498 times
    I had the insight, courage, work ethics, and determination and I became a Have.
    If it were easy everyone would be a Have.
    Marvin
    PS, I also pick up and save detected penny's.
    The Wife says that I'm lazy.
    I
    tell her that I'm conserving energy.
    Beep, Beep.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    2629 times
    Nomad, your open ended statement could very well have been an invitation to political posts. Treasure hunter was only reminding everyone of the rules and wanted to give your thread a chance.
    Personally, i considered your post to be that of a person complaining about the situation they were in. Maybe you had a bad day or was trying to figure out why some people have and others have not. Any way you look at it, the mod was spot on with his reminder.
    relic nut likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    696 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    uh huh ! this guy or is it gal has got a grip on this ! you must know how politics really works ! yep nippin it right in the bud ! member when Barney had a fit cuz Andy was'nt nippin it in the bud ? now i admit i have no idea how politics works ? heck i'm not even smart enough to have a smart phone yet alone vote. hey if any of you wants to come and explain to me how it all works ? we can talk over a beer.
    You keep poking the bear, you're gonna get bit!
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16297 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 11 View Post
    yea sure another reason what friends are good for ?
    That's the easiest thing folks say "My Friend" Really? I say not for the simple fact that if you can count the true friends on more than you have fingers on one hand then you're very wealthy. A true friend is not a dime a dozen, it's thrown around like a ball, "Oh my friend" It makes me cringe when I get called a friend from a stranger, what do you want from me is the first question that comes to mind.
    Ammoman, T.C. and Msbeepbeep like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    2629 times
    LOL when i was in the Philippines everybody was my friend. Hello my friend can i help you with your wallet?
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links