WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nomad, your open ended statement could very well have been an invitation to political posts. Treasure hunter was only reminding everyone of the rules and wanted to give your thread a chance.
Personally, i considered your post to be that of a person complaining about the situation they were in. Maybe you had a bad day or was trying to figure out why some people have and others have not. Any way you look at it, the mod was spot on with his reminder.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uh huh ! this guy or is it gal has got a grip on this ! you must know how politics really works ! yep nippin it right in the bud ! member when Barney had a fit cuz Andy was'nt nippin it in the bud ? now i admit i have no idea how politics works ? heck i'm not even smart enough to have a smart phone yet alone vote. hey if any of you wants to come and explain to me how it all works ? we can talk over a beer.

You keep poking the bear, you're gonna get bit!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea sure another reason what friends are good for ?

That's the easiest thing folks say "My Friend" Really? I say not for the simple fact that if you can count the true friends on more than you have fingers on one hand then you're very wealthy. A true friend is not a dime a dozen, it's thrown around like a ball, "Oh my friend" It makes me cringe when I get called a friend from a stranger, what do you want from me is the first question that comes to mind.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL when i was in the Philippines everybody was my friend. Hello my friend can i help you with your wallet?

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of people want to be rich. Otherwise they wouldn’t sell so many lotto tickets. I don’t buy them. I don’t like playing games I always louse at.

Sort of like when I dig a 61 on my AT Pro, knowing its a pull tab but you never know and AAARRRGHHHH! it always IS a pull tab! LOL
HH
dts

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Sometimes the only thing you need in life to succeed is ambition.
well ? i used to have ambition ! the only way i can explain it is ? have you ever seen a dog chasing its tail ?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as they are not picking your pocket while hugging you, hugs are good.

We had our own business, it required all of our time and enegery, and money to start it. There were sacrifices we all had to make, it wasn't easy. Finally things started going well, and people use to say "if i had your money...". They had no idea what we had to do or give up to get to that point. They probably would not have done it. But there is a certain satisfaction in working hard for and attaining a goal.

I don't want more in life than i can use or take care of. I don't want a huge house(s) that i get lost in & have to hire people to take care of. And as my husband use to say, "you can only eat and drink so much".

Maybe those that worked to have stuff, don't want the extra burden of having to take care of more than they need.
I can't see impressing others with all the stuff you can buy, not my thing.
I can't drive more than one car at a time. Excess doesn't always bring happiness.
I would like to be able to pay my bills and enjoy myself with out having to worry if people are ripping me off.
You do have to spend your money wisely, it goes where you spend it with out protest.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We had our own business, it required all of our time and enegery, and money to start it. There were sacrifices we all had to make, it wasn't easy. Finally things started going well, and people use to say "if i had your money...". They had no idea what we had to do or give up to get to that point. They probably would not have done it. But there is a certain satisfaction in working hard for and attaining a goal.

I don't want more in life than i can use or take care of. I don't want a huge house(s) that i get lost in & have to hire people to take care of. And as my husband use to say, "you can only eat and drink so much".

Maybe those that worked to have stuff, don't want the extra burden of having to take care of more than they need.
I can't drive more than one car at a time. Excess doesn't always bring happiness.
I would like to be able to pay my bills and enjoy myself with out having to worry if people are ripping me off.
You do have to spend your money wisely, it goes where you spend it with out protest.

I've been self employed for 26 years, and I've heard that saying many times...." If I had your money". My response is... Take the bills and responsibility that goes with it.
I get no company 401k or profit sharing. No paid holidays or sick days.
When you run a business, you are not only responsible for your well being but also the well-being of your employees and their family, yet everyone thinks we make all the money on the backs of everyone else.
Try it yourself, then we'll talk!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been self employed for 26 years, and I've heard that saying many times...." If I had your money". My response is... Take the bills and responsibility that goes with it.
I get no company 401k or profit sharing. No paid holidays or sick days.
When you run a business, you are not only responsible for your well being but also the well-being of your employees and their family, yet everyone thinks we make all the money on the backs of everyone else.
Try it yourself, then we'll talk!

Msbeepbeep is spot on!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok just tell me right up front what i did to make you hate me. come on ? no beating around the bush now ?

I don't hate you. I don't know you. I even agree with you. When you called yourself stupid, and I'm looking at a post that demonstrates a disregard or lack of knowledge on something as simple as punctuation or capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, I was pointing out that you're not helping yourself.

Haves and have-nots in metal detecting? I bought a new F75 a year ago, and believe me, I struggled with spending that kind of money on a toy. Not sorry I did, and I am looking forward to many more outings. Some of our fellow TNetters HAVE the higher tier machines, and after reading their posts, if I HAD the money, I would try them out. I don't know how they got to the point where they can lay out thousands for an armory filled with all the best. I hope they came by their play money honestly, ethically, and morally. No ill will towards them.

I can tell you that HAVE NOT is relative. As Charlie pointed out, compared to Congo residents, the poorest in this country HAVE.

The culture in this state is third world in it's acceptance of corruption and nepotism, a web of deceit, lies, and money, connecting CEO's of global corporations to the HAVE NOT population through the offer of "Good" jobs, that fall far short regarding wages. Enabling this "Glorious" economic boom are all of the community leaders with their hands out, looking the other way or actively participating in the game of becoming a HAVE MORE.

All you need to succeed in corporate America, is learn the catch phrases, and live at work, believing ( that's key ) there is nothing more important than the corporation. Not family, not friends, not recreation ( unless it's the company picnic ), Church is OK if you go to the RIGHT church, but stop by after and check the numbers. Finding out you're working for the Mob raises an ethical decision. Try to quit, or stay there? Quitting can be a challenge, and they don't tell everyone they hire who they really are.

So Nomad, I don't hate you at all. I, too ask myself out loud who all these people are who own all of the beach front homes, and what do they do that is worth that kind of income?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I don't hate you. I don't know you. I even agree with you. When you called yourself stupid, and I'm looking at a post that demonstrates a disregard or lack of knowledge on something as simple as punctuation or capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, I was pointing out that you're not helping yourself.

Haves and have-nots in metal detecting? I bought a new F75 a year ago, and believe me, I struggled with spending that kind of money on a toy. Not sorry I did, and I am looking forward to many more outings. Some of our fellow TNetters HAVE the higher tier machines, and after reading their posts, if I HAD the money, I would try them out. I don't know how they got to the point where they can lay out thousands for an armory filled with all the best. I hope they came by their play money honestly, ethically, and morally. No ill will towards them.

I can tell you that HAVE NOT is relative. As Charlie pointed out, compared to Congo residents, the poorest in this country HAVE.

The culture in this state is third world in it's acceptance of corruption and nepotism, a web of deceit, lies, and money, connecting CEO's of global corporations to the HAVE NOT population through the offer of "Good" jobs, that fall far short regarding wages. Enabling this "Glorious" economic boom are all of the community leaders with their hands out, looking the other way or actively participating in the game of becoming a HAVE MORE.

All you need to succeed in corporate America, is learn the catch phrases, and live at work, believing ( that's key ) there is nothing more important than the corporation. Not family, not friends, not recreation ( unless it's the company picnic ), Church is OK if you go to the RIGHT church, but stop by after and check the numbers. Finding out you're working for the Mob raises an ethical decision. Try to quit, or stay there? Quitting can be a challenge, and they don't tell everyone they hire who they really are.

So Nomad, I don't hate you at all. I, too ask myself out loud who all these people are who own all of the beach front homes, and what do they do that is worth that kind of income?

well Krey i dont know who can relate ? i know everybody has their own problems. BUT the long and short of things are ? its hard for me to care about anything anymore let alone punctuation ! i'm trying to figure out problems in life. i have been let down and feel betrayed by doctors and lawyers. refer to my rantings in the health section. i dont begrudge anybody what they have if they earned it honestly along with the hard work. i myself feel cheated because nobody helps the stupid people. i could of had a better life if i had the right help and the right information. so i keep asking myself where were my rights. you said something in your one post that led me to believe you knew me. so when some one says something critical i want to know whos in my corner and who is against me. you see when somebody says something in an open forum you have to ask yourself how a person interprets something being their intelligence or their language skills are. oh one more thing. i'm trying to figure out is you refer to how corrupt you state is ? they say Illinois is the most corrupt state in the nation so try to relate in your mind to my way of thinking ? where or who gathers these statistics ? but most importantly who is looking out for the pee on's like me. any how that sets my mind at ease that you dont know me that you're jerking my chain. sorry for the blah,blah blah good luck detecting !

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
...sounds like you need a hug, Bro.:smileinbox:

please dont call me bro ! i have some very bad memories of family. can you say disfunction ?al ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions