WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well turn your question around the other way: "What does this have to do with metal detecting and TH'ing ?". It certainly sounded political to me.

Come on Tom... NOT all things here on T-Net revolve around "metal detecting and treasure hunting". Hell... if so I should have been banned long ago! That's this site's main focus but it has many other topics also available outside of just MD'ing & TH'ing.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well Krey i dont know who can relate ? i know everybody has their own problems. BUT the long and short of things are ? its hard for me to care about anything anymore let alone punctuation ! i'm trying to figure out problems in life. i have been let down and feel betrayed by doctors and lawyers. refer to my rantings in the health section. i dont begrudge anybody what they have if they earned it honestly along with the hard work. i myself feel cheated because nobody helps the stupid people. i could of had a better life if i had the right help and the right information. so i keep asking myself where were my rights. you said something in your one post that led me to believe you knew me. so when some one says something critical i want to know whos in my corner and who is against me. you see when somebody says something in an open forum you have to ask yourself how a person interprets something being their intelligence or their language skills are. oh one more thing. i'm trying to figure out is you refer to how corrupt you state is ? they say Illinois is the most corrupt state in the nation so try to relate in your mind to my way of thinking ? where or who gathers these statistics ? but most importantly who is looking out for the pee on's like me. any how that sets my mind at ease that you dont know me that you're jerking my chain. sorry for the blah,blah blah good luck detecting !

Mr. nomad 11... I'm sorry you feel you were possibly "cheated". Now I'm NOT busting your nuts here... but buddy it's now and has been your life to develop. And I'm sure that your right that with some support you might be further ahead in life. And you being "stupid"...? I bet your not at all. Just because you don't have what you consider the "have's" to have does mean your a lesser man at all. I'm sure your good at something that has a skill level.

I personally had / have bad memories of my family up bring also. I live with those thoughts today but it doesn't "shape" me into the man I've become now. But they (memories) do never fade. I don't know what age you are and it doesn't really matter. Maybe with some encouragement and some drive from you you can start climbing somewhat up. If you'd like to talk further please feel free to PM me and we will. I'll even call ya guy if you'd like.

I'm now just a 62 y/o man, retired, helping my crippled wife and building toy boxes. I sell 75% and donate 25% to needy children and families. Please feel free to contact anytime sir... Brad

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ok cordial..........................but not political........................i dont know if i can perceive that ? i have potato brain from antidepressants ? can or does anybody relate ? no offense.

I could relate at one time from painkillers. Potato brain makes correct decisions difficult ,if not impossible.
An anti depressant should not leave you angry or frustrated emotionally. Rather it should shave the highs and lows off your emotions , leaving you in a near boring limbo..... missing out on those high and low emotions.

Regardless , you are on a forum. Anything you want to ignore you can.
Rather than feel it is personal ,or sweat who is behind it you can let it roll off like water off a ducks back and/ or log off.
Reply later after cooling off and thinking about it ,or forget about it. Your life ,your choice. YOU are in charge of you. ( Which is plenty enough for most folks to be.)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While sitting in the Victoria train station in Mumbai with the Indian Army posted everywhere we looked, I got chatting with a professor about the day's occurrence. (That being the stock exchange and about a dozen gold markets were blown up.03/92. Many died and we ended up sitting in a shoe store for 4 hrs before making our way to the station to get out of there and head to Nepal.)

I asked this man of knowledge " Knowing what happened that day and sitting in a high exposed area (Main train station) was he worried?
His reply: No not at all, there's nothing to be worried about.
I asked: why?
His reply: What happened is the past-you cannot change it.
What happens in the future-you cannot change it.
Right now there is no problem-you live in the moment-not in the past-nor in the future.
Simple words spoken by a complete stranger in a very crowded Indian train station at a very bizarre time in their lives.
I implemented that into my life more and more what has happened I cannot change, nor do I beat myself up over thing that have happen.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
An amputee clinic doctor asked me if I was happy. My reply was ," if being happy means being content with what I have ...then yes".
Heck, I have a second chance at life. What do I need to be happy?
I'll take a simple pleasure anytime , over worrying about what some one else has that I don't.
Sure I would take a million bucks in a lotto if I won ,( need to play more than a ticket every few years,maybe) but so what if I'm not well to do?
Though I have it better than many folks if I look hard enough ,and look farther than my own experience/ state/ country.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An amputee clinic doctor asked me if I was happy. My reply was ," if being happy means being content with what I have ...then yes".
Heck, I have a second chance at life. What do I need to be happy?
I'll take a simple pleasure anytime , over worrying about what some one else has that I don't.
Sure I would take a million bucks in a lotto if I won ,( need to play more than a ticket every few years,maybe) but so what if I'm not well to do?
Though I have it better than many folks if I look hard enough ,and look farther than my own experience/ state/ country.

You sir are an inspiration and would be to MANY if they knew you. T-Net Folks... I met this man in MI. 1.5 years ago. He NEVER talks - addresses his physical losses here on T-net from a bad accident he experienced. He lost a lot. I'm sure his idea of have's and have not's has a totally different view point from many of us. His view point is physical and mental from his life changing accident. My biggest "challenge" thus far is mental with the lost of a daughter and grandchild at the same time.

We both deal with our past because WE HAVE TO as do all of you folks. If Mr. Releventchair & I were both rich at the time of OUR life changing events nothing changes except were both alive.... NOTHING!!!!! And we're not the only ones here on T-net who have experienced the same.

Mr. Nomad 11... YOUR NOT ALONE. We can't save you... you have too sir with our encouragement.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the thread that explains why you cant like your own posts.

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Africa most people dont have. Life is cheap. You can be gunned down any tick of the clock (for a phone or a few bucks) or killed by one of the 90% of road using drunk drivers or succumb to any myriad of disease - Malaria etc.
It sounds terrible but is actually excellent for personal growth. Nothing is free. You are responsible for your actions. You are responsible for your well being. Haves and have nots is a state of mind by people stuck in victim mode.
The only thing stopping yourself from having is your state of mind. The power is within you.

Chub

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day when i was walking around the house i realized i had lost my eye. I looked on the night stand next to my bed, i looked on the kitchen counter tops and next to the couch and under the seat cushions and even looked in the laundry hamper. No eye was to be found! How would i see without my eye? Then it hit me....if loosing my eye is the only bad thing that ever happens to me i will die a happy man. Luckily i found my eye later that afternoon in the center console of my car but the thought stuck with me. Everyone has bad things happen to them. How we see those bad things and how we deal with them directly impacts the outcome of our lives and the people around us. BE POSITIVE!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am a fortunate one, having made the migration from have not to have enough. Single mom at seventeen, living on my own with a baby and too young to even qualify for welfare and living in places that would make you shudder. Then working mom, then college student juggling a four year old, a full class schedule, and 30 hour a week day job. Weekend and class breaks I picked up other jobs. Nights I studied.

It took years after I graduated with a Business degree before I made enough to do more than just get from paycheck to paycheck. The years when if I hadn’t maxed out my credit cards it was like having money in the bank. But eventually I moved up to bigger jobs and better pay and the ability to not only pay off those credit cards but save some money as well. The awful apartments turned into a little house, and then a bigger one. And now as a retiree, I don’t have to worry about paying bills or getting through the month. Definitely not rich, but I have enough.

So I don’t make apologies for what I have and I don’t listen to the whine of those who think it is some mass conspiracy to keep them down.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am a fortunate one, having made the migration from have not to have enough. Single mom at seventeen, living on my own with a baby and too young to even qualify for welfare and living in places that would make you shudder. Then working mom, then college student juggling a four year old, a full class schedule, and 30 hour a week day job. Weekend and class breaks I picked up other jobs. Nights I studied.

It took years after I graduated with a Business degree before I made enough to do more than just get from paycheck to paycheck. The years when if I hadn’t maxed out my credit cards it was like having money in the bank. But eventually I moved up to bigger jobs and better pay and the ability to not only pay off those credit cards but save some money as well. The awful apartments turned into a little house, and then a bigger one. And now as a retiree, I don’t have to worry about paying bills or getting through the month. Definitely not rich, but I have enough.

So I don’t make apologies for what I have and I don’t listen to the whine of those who think it is some mass conspiracy to keep them down.

I admire your grit, Susan!!:thumbsup: Not many people like you left in this country...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admire your grit, Susan!!:thumbsup: Not many people like you left in this country...

Thanks TC, I like the word “grit”. The ability to suck it up, do what needs to be done and not do the self destructive stuff will get most people pretty far.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Come on Tom... NOT all things here on T-Net revolve around "metal detecting and treasure hunting". Hell... if so I should have been banned long ago! That's this site's main focus but it has many other topics also available outside of just MD'ing & TH'ing.

yea Tom come on already ! everybody has their own perspective. what has happened to them in their life. see i listed this under general ? the word "general" encompasses a lot. meaning a whole bunch ! but i thought maybe just maybe i could unload here. cuz maybe just maybe i might have a friend or 2 ?? here ? that might understand ? but to put in perspective for you sir how can i go metal detecting if #1 i am not well #2 dont feel well enough to go. to those of you that see my posts and remember some things ? i go to doctors and they make my OVERALL health worse and they expect to be paid ! i go to lawyers and they make my life more how should i say more difficult. and they expect to be paid too ! they dont say i dont know ? but they say pay on the way out ? do you understand what this does to a persons psyche over years and years. so who should i tell ? nobody has said i can relate ? i have potato brain too ? so all i can say is. if this sounds like complaining consider yourself lucky you cant relate. now you could say i dont know and at least i wont have to pay ya. i read everyone response and try to comprehend their message. cappeesh ? so i come here searching for answers not to complain. cuz i believe everybody here has to be smarter than i................................

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
a reminder to all. health is the primary thing in life. if you dont have your health ? how do you or should i say persevere ? i always think of Elvis ?how much more would a person want or need ? can anybody relate to what the drugs did to him ? how many was he on ? what kind was he on ? these doctors mess with these mind drugs and its the patients fault ? how does that happen ? HOW,HOW,HOW ?

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Elvis-A troubled soul that ate a gallon of ice cream a day-and died having 30 some pounds of impacted poo inside of him.
Many entertainers singers, comedians, seem to have everything in life but have had a short life.
So really what's up with so many that have so many troubled minds, a helping hand from a Dr. turns into self medicating.
One has to find the things that bring a little peace into there lives and then start growing on that.
Remember you can't change the past no matter how one beats themselves up over it.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Elvis-A troubled soul that ate a gallon of ice cream a day-and died having 30 some pounds of impacted poo inside of him.
Many entertainers singers, comedians, seem to have everything in life but have had a short life.
So really what's up with so many that have so many troubled minds, a helping hand from a Dr. turns into self medicating.
One has to find the things that bring a little peace into there lives and then start growing on that.
Remember you can't change the past no matter how one beats themselves up over it.

oh come on now ? a gallon of ice cream a day ? what flavor ? that would be 365 gallons a year. I think more realistically he just went through a faze for maybe a month. cuz I would think a person would get tired of the taste right ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions