WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ? WHY ?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope....only one set of rules Haves get everything have not's get nothing. pretty much been that way forever.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember this is not the politics forum.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Please remember this is not the politics forum.

so i'm puzzled ? maybe that's the wrong word ? how does the word politics come about when I ask a simple question ? no names are mentioned and no TOPIC ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Nope....only one set of rules Haves get everything have not's get nothing. pretty much been that way forever.

some one must have forgot to give me one of the rule books when I was born then ? no wonder i'm so stupid !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
so i'm puzzled ? maybe that's the wrong word ? how does the word politics come about when I ask a simple question ? no names are mentioned and no TOPIC ?

Well turn your question around the other way: "What does this have to do with metal detecting and TH'ing ?". It certainly sounded political to me.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some one must have forgot to give me one of the rule books when I was born then ? no wonder i'm so stupid !

I would not call being uninformed stupid. Some people live sheltered lives and tend to get a rude awakening at the most inconvenient times. I can tell you this because i am one of them.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If a poor man bounces some checks to feed their family, depending on the total value, he will get 11 months and 29 days in the local jail, having to deal with Bubba, yet a rich man selling junk bonds to senior citizens, wiping out their retirement savings gets a huge fine and a few years in a country club jail. He gets to walk out a rich man and then get's hired by Ted Turner as a consultant.

Back in the day I was young I was taught to fess up to what I may have done wrong, while rich kids are taught to deny everything and wait for their lawyer to represent them and put the police on trial. Just my 2 cents, there is no single "GOLDEN RULE" it all depends who you are and how you were raised an how much money you have to spend on your defense. Remember O. J. ?

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he means why do some of you find all the good stuff?
where's my gold coin?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm one of the "haves".........
I have my faith, a wonderful wife and family, friends, my health, moral and ethical character, the ability to earn a living, the time to enjoy my hobbies..........
As for financial wealth...........I have NOT!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the other hand - take a look at your birth certificate. No where does it say: "Give this one an easy pass through life".

At some point someone had to claw their way up whether it was current generation or some of the past ones.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
On the other hand - take a look at your birth certificate. No where does it say: "Give this one an easy pass through life".

At some point someone had to claw their way up whether it was current generation or some of the past ones.

Good post Charlie. Some might consider various people to be the "haves". But yes: They knocked themselves silly with hard work to get there . Hence they CERTAINLY DO INDEED DESERVE to be "haves". Not all were born with it.

Ooops, I guess I just went political. With a post that has nothing to do with md'ing. Oh well . :tongue3:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm one of the "haves".........
I have my faith, a wonderful wife and family, friends, my health, moral and ethical character, the ability to earn a living, the time to enjoy my hobbies..........
As for financial wealth...........I have NOT!!

AMEN!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Was it ethical gain while they clawed their way to the top? I’m a haves. I’m still here in the garden with a loving family.
Thank God.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have stopped reading after the original post but I didn't and have wasted a bit of time that I didn't really have to waste.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions