How to get permission for civil war site or battle site..

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
DoubleBarrell86

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Battles sites are off limit. Good hunting and good luck..

But if i get permission around the battle site. Will i be good to go. Im not trying to get into trouble that why i picked up this hobby not so long ago, so i know it couuld be stupied question

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is privately owned land and you have the owners permission, then yes you are good to go.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most battle fields are protected but like you mentioned, you can sometimes get permission for the private land around them.
These permissions are often tuff to get. Mostly because the owners are hounded by people wanting to detect.
If you do some research and follow the route of travel and can locate some Skirmish sights you may have better luck. Also look for water sources along these sites, such as springs.
When I started, I talked with some of the old timers that no longer detect, manly because of health and age, and they turned us on too some great sites.
These guys know more about the local CW history than you will ever read. Mostly because of years of research and on site experience.
There were picket post and small camps all around battle sites as well as the route of travel. I'm often surprised were stuff turns up. You won't know until you hunt it. Locating a good site is half the fun. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions