Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FK.....who handled your bond process for Dents Run.
What you are saying is not adding up when I am very familiar with a bonding process.

I used Chas.Jones out of Philipsburg years ago and never had a single issue anything PA state bond related
Roads,state forest.I walked in with paperwork and secured a bond in minutes.It took longer for me to write out a check then any other part of the process.And I was dealing with a lot more disturbance then that little area you wanted to do.

I also knew all of the active lawyers in Clearfield and dealt with every single one in the early 90's.I believe I was the very first client of the now DA Shaw......at that time he was dating the now Centre DA Parks-Miller.

IMO the best lawyer in Clearfield is Ron Collins but he is mostly criminal.There were a couple practicing attorneys in Clfd about this time that were not worth the powder that it took to shove up their *** and blow them up but I won't mention them by name.

I have mentioned this time and time again the legal advice you are getting is extremely questionable and unless you are bending it to fit your narrative is a total waste of money.

NO I don't think you tried to get a bond for treasure or a lot of gold to dig up, No way can you tell me that story. When we sign a bond or paper work with DCNR
, you have to check out the fine print, you are giving up something and don't know it until its to late. They have a way to word things that screw you in the end.

The 1st bond was made up by Ted Borawski , Mineral Dep. and the last bond was made up by Mark C. Baldwin head of Chief Counsel. DCNR does not have ready to use bonds for treasure hunting. Each case is made to fit what the hunter is doing.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis never told us what his crew shares are if gold was found?

10% to 100% It depends on what kind of gold ( Spanish, Confederate, Union , Indian ) , the story behind it ( owners ) and was a claim for it missing filed. Then in Federal court if we show hardship from someone in the Gov. it will help us to. This lost gold story is a one of a kind find that has everyone thinking who and what.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO I don't think you tried to get a bond for treasure or a lot of gold to dig up, No way can you tell me that story. When we sign a bond or paper work with DCNR
, you have to check out the fine print, you are giving up something and don't know it until its to late. They have a way to word things that screw you in the end.

Once again you are not making a bit of sense about how a bond works.Such a small dig as yours would have been a very basic bond agreement.

The bond is to ensure the site is restored/reclaimed and also shift responsibility over to operator rather then land owner while project is on going,The area of disturbance and possible pollution are the driving force in the price.Not the value of resources or material being removed.
On bigger jobs they are released back in % as certain stages of the reclamation is complete.The bigger the job the more complicated the bond release.

The price of the bond is the estimated cost to fix,repair,contain or reclaim damages during or after the work if the operator fails to do this work.And they estimate on the high side obviously.

I have a feeling you are confusing a bond with some type of extraction contract.Where were your army of lawyers while this was going on?It would have been easy to argue the price of this bond due to surface area disturbance compared to other issued bonds.

Once again your legal advice if any was given is extremely questionable.Even a first year law student could have solved this bond problem you were having.

Unless you post the document you refused to sign that would have allowed you to dig up the ton of gold you found ......let's move on.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again you are not making a bit of sense about how a bond works.Such a small dig as yours would have been a very basic bond agreement.

The bond is to ensure the site is restored/reclaimed and also shift responsibility over to operator rather then land owner while project is on going,The area of disturbance and possible pollution are the driving force in the price.Not the value of resources or material being removed.
On bigger jobs they are released back in % as certain stages of the reclamation is complete.The bigger the job the more complicated the bond release.

The price of the bond is the estimated cost to fix,repair,contain or reclaim damages during or after the work if the operator fails to do this work.And they estimate on the high side obviously.

I have a feeling you are confusing a bond with some type of extraction contract.Where were your army of lawyers while this was going on?It would have been easy to argue the price of this bond due to surface area disturbance compared to other issued bonds.

Once again your legal advice if any was given is extremely questionable.Even a first year law student could have solved this bond problem you were having.

Unless you post the document you refused to sign that would have allowed you to dig up the ton of gold you found ......let's move on.
Look , Lets stay on track here , why do you keep drifting off on this and make it more than it is. The bond was for pounding COPPER RODS in the ground. Nothing to do with digging or
surface area disturbance
. Do you think DCNR would ever allow anyone to get a bond to dig up gold on state land. You may work with other kinds of bonds but this is way , way different. We were on site for 7yrs and had no bond, BECAUSE we did not dig just drill and pound copper rods. They were the ones that showed us how to drill into the cave. AND NO BOND.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look , Lets stay on track here , why do you keep drifting off on this and make it more than it is. The bond was for pounding COPPER RODS in the ground. Nothing to do with digging or
surface area disturbance
. Do you think DCNR would ever allow anyone to get a bond to dig up gold on state land. You may work with other kinds of bonds but this is way , way different. We were on site for 7yrs and had no bond, BECAUSE we did not dig just drill and pound copper rods. They were the ones that showed us how to drill into the cave. AND NO BOND.

Yes they would have but you wouldn't bond the site.

'GOLD FEVER' TAMED BY DCNR | www.endeavornews.com | Endeavor News | Serving Potter and Cameron Counties in Northcentral Pennsylvania

LMAO that you couldn't get a bond to pound some copper rods.
What are you going to do if you ever do decide to try and dig a hole somewhere.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Age, its obvious you cant read. Try reading it again, because you made a fool of yourself with your comment. He did Dig and he did pound copper rods.

Yes they would have but you wouldn't bond the site.

'GOLD FEVER' TAMED BY DCNR | www.endeavornews.com | Endeavor News | Serving Potter and Cameron Counties in Northcentral Pennsylvania

LMAO that you couldn't get a bond to pound some copper rods.
What are you going to do if you ever do decide to try and dig a hole somewhere.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your crew got screwed in the end.

Since no treasure was unfortunately found there, no one got screwed, other then the cost of the search and associated costs, but I'm sure the search will continue on!

Last edited:

Timbersnort

Mar 16, 2018
PA Wilds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Screenshot_20180421-211122_Google.jpg

This afternoon the FBI was fying over Hicks Run area low above tree line, Feds continuing search with hi-tech equipment.

Timbersnort

Mar 16, 2018
PA Wilds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look up the Osprey capabilities, "ground penetrating radar", FLIR thermal, and who knows what new tech the feds have that has yet to be documented

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And after the above pictured V-22 Osprey Troop Transport landed, 20 soldiers departed, locked and loaded!

Subsequently, A10's appeared and performed strafing runs to ward off any hostile Treasure Hunters encroaching upon the buried treasure!

a10.jpg

Attachments

• A-10_Thunderbolt_II_Gun_Run.jpeg
    A-10_Thunderbolt_II_Gun_Run.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Timbersnort

Mar 16, 2018
PA Wilds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was fishing in Hicks and witnessed the flyover. There will be more reports on this, there were lots of people in the area today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread