5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The topic is " Civil war payroll gold may have been found in Elk County Pa.
This thread needs to stay on topic or it has served its purpose.

I thought that the FBI statement put the argument to bed. "nothing was found"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no idea what thread your talking about, did you report it? You do realize mods don't read every post? Now your acusing me of being bias.

I know this hasn't any thing to do with this thread, so my apologies to the OP and the other Mods for stating to keep it on content. TH I stated something and should of put the following references to go along with the statement.
Here it shows where you "liked" the comment #61 Then in #68 another one directly applied.
When you were asked why in #103 you did the political reply #104 and locked the thread.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/573897-whatever-bad-experiences-people-2.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this hasn't any thing to do with this thread, so my apologies to the OP and the other Mods for stating to keep it on content. TH I stated something and should of put the following references to go along with the statement.
Here it shows where you "liked" the comment #61 Then in #68 another one directly applied.
When you were asked why in #103 you did the political reply #104 and locked the thread.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/573897-whatever-bad-experiences-people-2.html

1. Post count for members are not the same as mods, our count includes all posts including deleted posts so 61 for you is not 61 for mods same for other post numbers. .

Best I can tell your referring to TC talking about people being unarmed in other countries. I can not tell what the post your referring to I liked. I warned in thread to keep it non political, discussing carrying a gun while detecting does not violate our rules., when it became to political it was locked.

We try to give members some leeway until they push too far after warnings then we take action.

As per our rules which your breaking if member have issue with moderation your to contact a mod via pm, not address it in open forums. I recommend you do so next time you have issue.

Now let's please move on with the topic of the thread.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of curiosity
If I was to post I found statues that are identical to the ones on Easter Island in Montanna.

Would you believe me?

I would, Because I have one in my bathroom to. GREAT FIND NEW AGE. this.JPG this 1.JPG This 2.JPG Me and my son built this bathroom 10 years ago to look like its in a jungle . I made the statue and attached it above the commode. So anything is possible. I am glad you posted this question. Thank You

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to check out site first hand, just observation of course, is that possible, or access closed?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm way too lazy to read this 70 page thread. Has any tangible evidence been brought forth here? If so, could you give me a quick recap? Please save me the hassle of reading all these comments! Thank you.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for a good treasure hunting story, but when nothing is found, all of us diggers end up looking like idiots. Just my take on it

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm way too lazy to read this 70 page thread. Has any tangible evidence been brought forth here? If so, could you give me a quick recap? Please save me the hassle of reading all these comments! Thank you.
Only thing that was concrete on what is going on was on the FBI website where they disclosed nothing was found. Someone put the link to it in this thread somewhere. So I personally think that was the end of it long ago with that official, public statement.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to check out site first hand, just observation of course, is that possible, or access closed?

Its open to anyone any time, many people have been up to the site. Its up hill 2000' and you can't miss it ,their is a BIG TREE over the road at the site.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's public property and very easy to locate.....only restrictions I know of is you must follow DCNR rules when on their property.

The one thing that is striking about this site is how hard it would have been to get a wagon anywhere near this site in the 1860's.The logging road where the dig happened was put in much,much later.If you factor in they were under attack or fleeing at the time the gold was hidden it takes a very open mind to give this legend much of a chance.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get to the site, smile and say cheese. There will be cameras there taking your photo. Have a nice hike.:hello:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing that was concrete on what is going on was on the FBI website where they disclosed nothing was found. Someone put the link to it in this thread somewhere. So I personally think that was the end of it long ago with that official, public statement.

Ya you are right, They did say NOTHING WAS FOUND but in the same statement they said they would not admit to be looking for Civil War Gold :dontknow: and the investigation was still going on. OK if no gold was found why a investigation :tongue3: . Now if gold was found, then they maybe looking into the people that dug at the site 5 yrs ago and may of took some :dontknow: or maybe they are looking into were did this gold and artifacts come from :occasion14:. If they are still doing a investigation, they can say anything they want :BangHead: until its done.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's public property and very easy to locate.....only restrictions I know of is you must follow DCNR rules when on their property.

The one thing that is striking about this site is how hard it would have been to get a wagon anywhere near this site in the 1860's.The logging road where the dig happened was put in much,much later.If you factor in they were under attack or fleeing at the time the gold was hidden it takes a very open mind to give this legend much of a chance.

The wagons were found on top of the hill , in the story it says they used the canvas from the wagon to make packs so the mules could carry the gold down the steep hill side. At this site there was no road or trail at this time. Snooks trail was 160' below this site. This site had water and 13 mules and horses needed water and this was 1/2 the way down hill from Dents Run river.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wagons were found on top of the hill , in the story it says they used the canvas from the wagon to make packs so the mules could carry the gold down the steep hill side. At this site there was no road or trail at this time. Snooks trail was 160' below this site. This site had water and 13 mules and horses needed water and this was 1/2 the way down hill from Dents Run river.

*******on topic*******

And this is dependant on which story you decide to follow or weather to take bits and parts of each one.Most has them either under attack or fleeing attackers when the gold is hidden.The only story I know that could possibly place the gold in this area is the one where one guy killed the rest and then he would have had time to hide it.

One story has the mules found dead another they were found alive.....alot of diffrences in the stories about this legend.The one mainstay from all the different stories is that none of the names from this gold shipment can be found anywhere in military records.

***** off topic******

Why do you sometimes use an emoji or 2 at the end and in the middle of every sentence.It seems like 2 different people are posting under this account.This could be why sometimes your posts contradict themselves.Sometimes the post has no emojis and others have so many it basically makes the post unreadable.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya you are right, They did say NOTHING WAS FOUND but in the same statement they said they would not admit to be looking for Civil War Gold :dontknow: and the investigation was still going on. OK if no gold was found why a investigation :tongue3: . Now if gold was found, then they maybe looking into the people that dug at the site 5 yrs ago and may of took some :dontknow: or maybe they are looking into were did this gold and artifacts come from :occasion14:. If they are still doing a investigation, they can say anything they want :BangHead: until its done.
As I mentioned long ago, nothing in their statement means just that. I may be wrong, but I don't remember anywhere it said the investigation was still opened. If you could show me, please do so. That one statement is all I need for me to move on.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay I found it and they do say an "ongoing investigation" so we'll see what happens. Still they say nothing was found so my guess is it's just wrapping it up. The word gold is never mentioned anywhere. Here is the link for those interested: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...atement-on-elk-county-pennsylvania-excavation Actually no one even knows if this is even dealing with the Dents run legend, that I am aware of. Just assumptions that it is. Now that would be a kicker after all this discussion if a body or something else was discovered that had nothing to do with the treasure legend. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread