rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry in advance for the rambling... About 15 years ago I found a Whites brochure at a dentists office and took it home thinking it would be a cool hobby. About 9 years 4 houses and 2 states later I was finally in a position to get me one. The new Vx3 I wanted was 1500 so a lil too much for me. I decided to buy a V3i on Craigslist for 1000 with 2 coils and a pinpointer. It worked great for 5 years or so, then it started falsing and not picking up anything deeper than 2 inches, I tried my other coil and it immediately went overload. I assumed it was shot, but, I figured what the heck and emailed Whites asking if I could send it in for a estimate, to see if it was even fixable. They said send it in with a description of problems. After about 5 weeks I emailed back to see the prognosis. They said, O yeah its been shipped and you should have it tomorrow, I said I didn't receive an invoice. They said they'd covered it under warranty and refurbished the coils and head unit. I said cool, whats the charge, I got back Zero, nothing, hope you enjoy, we're glad to help. I had always heard they're CS was great, from experience, yes it is!

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...White's are the Platinum Standard in customer service....nobody else is even close.
Jim

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always said they are the BEST bar none!!! Congrats.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! Had a similar thing happen to my Coinmaster that acted up. It was almost a year out of warrantee. Explained the problem and the rep said send it back with a check for $20 for shipping. I asked...How can you do that? She replied "That's what we do". They replaced the coil and the P/P button. My next detector will be a Whites.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Go through the treasure hunting magazines and newsletters from the 1960's and 1970's. See how many detector manufacturers advertising back then are still around today.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar situation. I drove to Sweet Home, Oregon to have my V3i coil looked at since it was on overload all the time.

They replaced the coil and wished me good luck. I asked how much? They said it was covered under their warranty.

Whites wrote the book on metal detector customer service.

I still have the DFX I love that machine so much and I still want to own a piece of this great company. No longer have the V3i I had to thin my Harem to get a Deus and it looks like I need to thin my Harem again for an Equinox but I will still not let go of my DFX.

CHEERS

‘Scoop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread