Mine lab 800 Equinox

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you gone to the Equinox sub-forum? I believe you will find the answer is already there waiting for you?

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on YouTube and look up "is the Minelab Equinox a deep machine".

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know about the etrac I have not used one but I love the Equinox , I only have the 600 now but basicly the same machine minus gold modes 2 single frequencies and several bells and whistles which I do actually want. Yep go look at the Equinox sub forum , tons of info there .

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do some of you experts think of the Equinox, is it ta all comparable to the E trac will it go as deep. It sure looks promising to me,thoughts. Thanks

I have both. I think the Equinox is at least as deep as the Etrac but haven't done any scientific tests. More important to me is that it is faster and can separate and unmask small objects (coins) in very trashy places, even with its stock coil. There it has an advantage over the Etrac. However, it does not match the Etrac's FE/CO and depth information. I like the Equinox and it complements my Etrac nicely but won't replace it. The Equinox is also modern and fun--light, bright screen, wireless, sensibly arranged settingss.

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
It goes sooo deep I got me one of these.... index.jpg

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Etrac. It was my introduction to using a Minelab machine. On numerous occasions it separated a silver coin from an iron nail that were laying side by side in a hole. I also own and use the CTX and Excalibur. I know a little something about Minelabs. The Equinox is said to be the machine that will make the VLF machine obsolete. Not only am I reading the reviews, I am also checking in with metal detecting friends who have invested in the Equinox.
Before I add another machine to my arsenal, I want to know how that machine performs in the field.

Last edited:

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Etrac. It was my introduction to using a Minelab machine. On numerous occasions it separated a silver coin from an iron nail that were laying side by side in a hole. I also own and use the CTX and Excalibur. I know a little something about Minelabs. The Equinox is said to be the machine that will make the VLF machine obsolete. Not only am I reading the reviews, I am also checking in with metal detecting friends who have invested in the Equinox.
Before I add another machine to my arsenal, I want to know how that machine performs in the field.

You'll find a growing number of positive field reports; but if your friends have the Equinox, get them to go with you on a hunt and see how it does against your CTX in trashy iron-filled places. Think of it as the next generation Safari, or, a scaled back version of the next generation ET/CTX. But the Equinox is a VLF machine...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My old Explorer 2 is deeper than my Etrac. I have the special mod that includes a knob that goes to eleven.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Equinox for the simultaneous multi-frequency feature in that I don’t have to keep trying different single frequencies to make sure I’m using the best/right frequency for the targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread