Civil War gold found?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Aaarrggh. This is impossible to put to rest. This had already been discussed ad-nauseam on this thread"

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...l-gold-may-have-been-found-elk-county-pa.html

And the title of your post is very revealing to the psychology that perpetuates these rumors: Easy to get duped by the past tense use of the word "found" (which the 2 clowns in the story keep using). Yet reading closer, you see that no one's found jack squat yet. But ... in the dreamers mind's eyes , it's in a certain cave, or certain canyon, and ... it's just the big-bad government who's stopping them.

It's just nonsense ghost-story legend.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Show me the pictures of the FBI digging up the treasures and I am a believer.

Shadowy G-men in trench coats and dark glasses were there to make sure that no one took pictures. Hence the fact of no picture proof is ALL THE MORE PROOF of a treasure. It simply shows their clever plans to cover up all the evidence.

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-20170106-18659-153ere0.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is where all the gold bars came from that were dropped by the Russian airplane.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaarrggh. This is impossible to put to rest. This had already been discussed ad-nauseam on this thread"

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...l-gold-may-have-been-found-elk-county-pa.html

And the title of your post is very revealing to the psychology that perpetuates these rumors: Easy to get duped by the past tense use of the word "found" (which the 2 clowns in the story keep using). Yet reading closer, you see that no one's found jack squat yet. But ... in the dreamers mind's eyes , it's in a certain cave, or certain canyon, and ... it's just the big-bad government who's stopping them.

Hey Sweet Pea.....read the word between the words Gold and Have in the (me the clown) title for us all....you silly forensic grammar expert.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man,, if it is in this book, it is real!!
(Page 23)

Attachments

• 20180221_135428.jpg
    20180221_135428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey Sweet Pea.....read the word between the words Gold and Have in the (me the clown) title for us all....you silly forensic grammar expert.

Yes. You're right. It did say "May have". Indicating a non-certainty. Ok. But when someone goes to read the text, they do see that nothing was found. Thus the word that should be inserted there is "Hasn't" .

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a funny dude.....lol....for the record (as I'm sure you are well aware of by now) I can see through you like a windshield....anyones opinion I'll read, 99% of the time I don't comment, but I'll play the tit for tat name calling if need be, as I know you will as well...

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a side note.....not sure if you remember, but a few years ago you, I and a few other were involved in a thread with some kid who told us about being kicked out of a park in Cali for panning in a creek....you were a wealth of information helping him out...naming some rivers to try, areas close to him to look into....some clubs to contact to help him out.....what ever happened to that Tom?

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....Or "Clown"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions