Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:usflag::usflag: Well, after fellow T Netter Gare so graciously stepped forward and volunteered to do some digging up in the Ohio area for us, he began the hunt in earnest. After several dead ends (similar to ours) He finally got a lead and took after it like a bloodhound after a felon! Gare actually got an address to a family member to whom I am sending the tag to. In respect to the family, we are being discreet with the name and location. In this time of electronic scams etc, it can be very challenging to get someone to answer to someone that they know nothing of. My wife and I are excited to finally be getting the tag back to a family member, this is an awesome privilege and honor but it would not be happening and not as quickly without the help of Gare. So, not only is there a return in progress now but I have gained another valued Friendship with an awesome man that I would not have made except because of this great hobby of ours. Mr Gare, Thank you so much for your perseverance in this return. The return of anything belonging to a Veteran is giving the family back a little something to remind them of the very important sacrifice that was made by their Veteran's service. Mr Gare may add whatever He wants to if he so chooses to.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW how can i even attempt to live up to what Dirtlooter made of me. Thanks Dirtlooter it was no that hard once I got a lead. Let me say this i got very little help from the VA as they do not give out information on veterans and i completely understand. Dirtlooter did most of the work and i just made a few phone calls. I have found in the past might eventually get the job done talking is FAR FASTER !!. I called Mr Stager's son and he was very reluctant to give me any information. I am sure he thought i was some type of a scam. he had to feel the excitement in my voice by finding him. I told him all we wanted was to give his father's family something back they deserved. Any time i can help a vet i am for it if possible. Like Dirtlooter also said I gained another very close friend on here !! Thanks Dirtlooter. I will admit this when you accomplish a mission you set out to do you get a WARM FUZZY feeling inside :)

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats Dirtlooter for finding the tag and returning it.
Congrats to Gare for digging up the info for the return.
Well done!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both for your efforts, it is an honor to be associated with such fine people. As a vet I thank you, as a American I thank you!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLK Hole : All I did was spend a little time Time is nothing when your my age. (Except when your time is up) I did not risk my life a lot of times i will see a man in uniform and i well buy there meals for them usually to there DISSPLEASURE !!! TO BAD i did not risk my life and it is all i can do to help them :)

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tag has been mailed, now just waiting on the response

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks and job well done ...... you two are great members !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions