Need help on these 4 Please

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ace is very nose heavy with its stock coil and youth length arm rest and grip. This kills the weight advantage. plus no ground balance.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What is you favorite hunt for? The Deus has 4 frequencies to choose from and more with the HF coil. I like my Fisher F75 LTD. But the market is moving so fast that multi frequency will be in more machines before you can say Bucket Lister and it depends on your budget. Good luck.:thumbsup:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will say, bowwinkles makes a valid argument. I currently have an Ace 400 though, and i love it. I have swung it all day on several occasions, and have not gotten fatigued. Obviously, each of us are different, and what works for one may not work for others. But from an Ace 400 owner, I have not been tempted yet to change detectors, but i have not been to a place in my area *yet* where the lack of ground balance has proven fatal to the days detecting. The price was nice too, i have to say.

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to recent surgery I decided to get the XP Deus. To be honest, with the 9" coil this thing looks like a toy. But, It is going to be the best machine I have ever owned once I learn it. It is easy to program and has features I never thought of.I went with the WS-5 full headphones. My first hunt gave me about 30 keepers including an 1888 shield nickel and several buttons. And, in almost every hole I dug was at least one iron nail. I can swing it all day without getting tired. I am sending you a PM.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can afford it get the deus.

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I appreciate the help. Please continue the votes.
I am hunting in Missouri all hard ground and hilly, looking for general detector but naturally gold would be great too.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75SE (new) sells for a lot lower than $800. Heck their top of the line F75+ deal is way cheaper and you get a pin pointer and digging tool.

I have experience with the XP Deus and the F75LTD. The only Tesoro I swung was a Lobo SuperTRAK and I am not a fan of the Garrett bell tones so I never swung one.

The Deus is a killer machine with more tweaks than other 3. Super light, runs in 4 seperate freq's, rechargeable, free software updates and is wireless. Additional coils are expensive and at sometime the internal batteries will need to be replaced. Many of my friends swing it. I had one for almost a year but decided to keep my F75 LTD and sell the Deus.

I have experience on the F75 non DST and have swung the F75LTD for 4 yrs. If the batteries die, I just replace them on the spot. It's a very capable VLF machine that runs at 13 khz. Both the LTD and Plus come with the CL (cache locator) & BP (boost process). I am very familiar with the Fisher tones, and target ID's, and I am content at digging coins at 10 plus inches. The XP never hit on anything that the F75LTD would not have hit, but I was not an advanced user. I dug more large iron ringing in as high tones with the Deus.

As for Tesoro, I consider them for BEEP & DIG crowd and has a lifetime warranty. I hear the Vaquero gets comparable depth to both the Deus and the F75.

I rate the Ace 400 as a low end mid-level machine. I am not a fan of the Garrett bell tones and "Digger's" may have made me a little biased.

Many of us started with a low end machine and upgraded twice in the same season. Get a machine that matches your passion.

Good Luck

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You serious??
Since you listed the XP DEUS, I'm going to assume you can afford it. Some people may not like reading this, but the DEUS will beat the other 3 machines, hands down.

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone i decided on a Used Deus, Thanks again to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions