can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perfect, meets the criteria. Female, 30's, detects, with a bonus of a cool father in law. Ill trade you 2 horses and a months salary.

L.M.A.O.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TPMetal, she's been married a long time now. The two horses and a months' salary doesn't sound bad though.:laughing7: Can I see a pic of the horses first?

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you've posted what many have had thoughts about. Some posts, to me, are just short of an advertisement for "Blah-Blah Metal Detector". Who cares what machine anyone else is using. I like the signature that shows up on posts that says something like, "forget all the drama- I'm just here to dig!"

I think the biggest keys to success are:

#1 Enjoying it
#2 Time spent swinging the coil (if #1 doesn't happen this won't either)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure it is the 9 function rather than the lackluster 6 function unit, and the 9 function that runs on 6 AA batteries and not the older 9 function that ran on 3 9v batteries. Here is a video I did after 81 actual hours with this unit in the field. Note, just a couple of weeks after I did this vid, the handle broke off, but was an easy repair, lol, made in China...

Dang it Slingshot!

Now you have me thinking about getting one of those too!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was a very cheap model from Otasco. I found a lot with it though, as I would be going along and see a quarter or dime lying on top of the ground. I had fun. I got some better ones now. I still have fun and sometimes still eyeball some finds while using that DFX. It's a hobby, not a job, so if you're having fun doing it that's great. If your detector consists of two welding rods bent at 90 degree angles, and you're outdoors in the woods, havin a great time, who cares what anybody thinks?

OP
OP
can_slaw

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first detector was a very cheap model from Otasco. I found a lot with it though, as I would be going along and see a quarter or dime lying on top of the ground. I had fun. I got some better ones now. I still have fun and sometimes still eyeball some finds while using that DFX. It's a hobby, not a job, so if you're having fun doing it that's great. If your detector consists of two welding rods bent at 90 degree angles, and you're outdoors in the woods, havin a great time, who cares what anybody thinks?

When i started this thread, this was not my mentality. But after talking with a lot of really wonderful people, something happened. This is now my exact mentality. I also see it is most everyone else's mentality, it just does not always shine thru in some posts. I have learned to take it in stride, and have fun above all. There will always be those nay-sayers, but i am going to keep coming back to this exact thread for reassurance that we are all in this together as a community. The people on this site are absolutely top notch, and i have not found one mean or rude person in this discussion at all. Everyone has been insightful and supportive, for both sides of the argument, which was all i could have hoped for. Thank you for adding to that!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely the opposite experience here! Even the bad folks here seem good...ha ha

someone recently purchased a Fisher F5 and it was slaps on the back all round, no negativity.

Someone also recently purchased a $229 Teknetics machine and it was high fives all round

Ive been fortunate enough to only come across positive threads about newbies and budget machines.

If however the OP asks for the opinions of others then be prepared for the answers.

chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread