Has Law Enforcement asked you for Assistance in recovering something ?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. But as the goons were repaving our road by my house the gravel truck dumped his load right on top of a manhole cover. They graded it and paved it,and before they knew it,a manhole was missing. A local knew I detected and asked if I could find it,this is technically on private property so the city wasn’t involved,hence the lack of a locator dude. I traced out the exact outline of it with chalk and voila!....blew their mind that it was that precise.
Courtesy of the IDXPro...

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL DONE !!! IDXMonster ! Last month the city water service guy asked me to find a water shutoff box for them. They had a leak at a home and could not find it. They knew about where it was but there machine would not pickl it up. TOOK me ABOUT 2 minutes . Someone had put more dirt gravel over it. It was about 12 to 14 inches deep.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL DONE !!! IDXMonster ! Last month the city water service guy asked me to find a water shutoff box for them. They had a leak at a home and could not find it. They knew about where it was but there machine would not pickl it up. TOOK me ABOUT 2 minutes . Someone had put more dirt gravel over it. It was about 12 to 14 inches deep.

Now that is DEEEEP!!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been contacted by local Sheriff Dept to find gun used in robbery. Just waiting on judge to issue warrant

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Helped the Sheriff's Dept. on Anna Marie Island looking for the grill work from a motel owner the was murdered. Informant told the cops she was buried on the beach. I beeped they dug, great fun it was. Sort like one has dreams of, winning the power ball and having somebody else doing the hard work. :)

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 9 mm auto with serial number ground out, for local police,

Pepper and your going to leave us hanging on THIS ?? Did you FIND HER ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe they found her on Holmes beach in Oct. /15

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
Kind of one off but was hitting a South TX beach a few years back when a half dozen deputies on 4 wheelers came by. A couple took interest in my detecting but kept moving. 3rd trip by one stopped and asked if I found a hand gun to please call. Two days earlier we were up beach (20 miles of wild undeveloped beach) when we encountered a cop guarding a body that washed up. Found out later the two events were related...

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Asked today...”

920D117E-8A73-4486-950D-90A35DD644B9.jpeg

I was asked today if I could go out to this location with my MD and attempt to locate this police officers Angel Bell which flew off his motor unit after impact. The officer is fine and recovering with only minor injuries.

I will try to get out there tomorrow and see if I can locate it.

Last edited:

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Do you care to tell us some of the times and details ?

Assisted finding murder weapon that was thrown out a car window. Was found by a fellow detectorist.
Assisted finding buried pistols , found.
Assisted finding stolen long guns, found by friend. Story was in a detecting magazine.
Assisted finding pocket knife used to kill a man, then thrown into a muddy pond. Water up to 4 ft deep. Found by friend. Story was in a detecting magazine.
Assisted finding empty shell casings numerous times.
Assisted finding stolen, buried cash & jewelry , found.
& others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread