Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id love to here some stories that are almost unbelievable or like something from the twilight zone that relate to this hobby. So if you have any stories that are similar to this one lets here them !!

So.....I have a new buddy that likes to beach comb in the mangroves like me. He says to me the other morning as we are loading up to go, what should I bring? I say water, food, fire etc etc. Then I say bring a cheap knife, because I learned that you may loose it out there. I tell him a story how I lost an expensive SOG navy seal pup knife. We get out there and about an hour in he shouts through the swamp that he found a knife !! Yup.....7 years later on the day I tell the story of its loss, not more than an hour later he walks up with my knife !! This kind of thing happens to me alot !! What are the odds !!! Coincidence ? Shear luck? Fate? Ya there is an outside chance that its not mine and someone else lost it, but those odds are almost impossible too. Only a few people have ever walked here.and the exact model and make? This is just one little story like this. lets here some more. Ill post a pic of the knife soon its cleaned up pretty good for as long as it was out there. The sheath had to be broken to remove the blade.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazzing thanks for sharing, I hope others tell there story also.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allright....no takers ?

Ill give another example.
My banner cob was found on Friday October 13 2017 Bad luck right ? Not for me. Guess what, it was also my wifes birthday !! But thats not all. What day did the ship that lost that coin sail into a hurricane ? Friday July 13th 1733 !! Say what !! Did I mention that a hurricane deposited that coin on that beach......and that hurricane irma swept away 3 feet of sand and uncovered it for me. On top of that its a dated piece too, even more lucky !! What are those odds ? Thats what im talking about.....the twilight zone of treasure hunting. Surely someone has had similar experiences. ??

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The one incident that comes to my mind. I influenced my co-worker to get a detector, and he did mighty well with it.

So, he ordered a detector for his wife.

We went to an old church in Jackson, MI. I was there to see her turn it on for the first time. She went about three feet and her first target was a diamond ring.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what im talking about !! Now thats beginners luck !! Thanks for the post Deepseeker !!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You should talk about Spanish cobs, maybe another one of those will show up!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool stories. my daughter was born on Friday the 13th, I wanted a son really bad too. She turned out pretty darn good in spite of being a girl. I lost an all steel hatchet one time while squirrel hunting. I had leaned it up against a big oak while I tended to the dogs. I couldn't find it, raked the leaves back all around this huge tree and even came back the next day. Several years later, I am walking in the same area and just happen to glance over towards that huge oak. guess what, I see the hatching still leaning against a tree, just the wrong tree LOL.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blak bart: I do not believe you :) " Ill give another example.
My banner cob was found on Friday October 13 2018. Bad luck right ? Not for me. Guess what, it was also my wifes birthday !! But thats not all. What day did the ship that lost that coin sail into a hurricane ? Friday July 13th 1733 !! Say what !! Did I mention that a hurricane deposited that coin on that beach......and that hurricane irma swept away 3 feet of sand and uncovered it for me. On top of that its a dated piece too, even more lucky !! What are those odds ? Thats what im talking about.....the twilight zone of treasure hunting. Surely someone has had similar experiences. ?? I feel you made this up LOL

Now i might believe it happened in 2017 but 2018 is not hwere yet LOL

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha yup.... you got me !! Your oh so right.....indeed it was 2017. My bad....cant even get my own facts right !!! How embarrassing !! Anyway you get the point. Lots of strange coincidences with those dates.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should talk about Spanish cobs, maybe another one of those will show up!

I keep trying that approach......sure did talk about them alot today so.....maybe ill get lucky. I like to visualize it happening in my mind !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool stories. my daughter was born on Friday the 13th, I wanted a son really bad too. She turned out pretty darn good in spite of being a girl. I lost an all steel hatchet one time while squirrel hunting. I had leaned it up against a big oak while I tended to the dogs. I couldn't find it, raked the leaves back all around this huge tree and even came back the next day. Several years later, I am walking in the same area and just happen to glance over towards that huge oak. guess what, I see the hatching still leaning against a tree, just the wrong tree LOL.

thats pretty similar to my knife story. Amazing how long something can remain undisturbed, while something else can disappear with in days.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold ring in my yard cleaning up leaves after hurricane irma. I told that story to some people down here, and one of the responses I got from a friend was that he to found a ring cleaning up. He had lost it 25 years earlier and it was his wedding band. He told me that the day he found it was his wedding anniversary !!! Very strange coincidence.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats what im talking about !! Now thats beginners luck !! Thanks for the post Deepseeker !!

The fellow I mentioned was Richard L. Brown, and his wife's name was Barbara. It happened in 1983, and they've both since passed. When Rich received his detector I took him to a school yard in Monroe, MI I was hitting. At the time I was working at Fermi II Atomic Power Plant. I think it was his second time out there he found a heavy gold wedding band on the football field. I quit detecting in '87 and returned to the hobby in '13.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a long hiatus deepseeker. Funny how life steers us back to the things we love. Glad you came back around full circle !!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a random one. Was out a few weeks ago with 3cylbill detecting. He digs up a barber dime; and as soon as he pops it out and starts describing the signal, I go over a good signal and jokingly say "just like this one here." Funny enough I also popped out a barber dime.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got an interesting one; before we were expected to meet at a bar for the farewell party of a mutual friend and his girlfriend Danny who were moving to Florida, 2 friends and I decided to spend the afternoon walking along the river looking for Indian artifacts, fossils, old bottles etc.

1 friend who is rather musically inclined was absentmindedly singing "Message in a Bottle" by The Police to himself, and walking behind him I saw him kick a junk modern wine bottle to the side and keep going. A few moments later I came to the bottle and saw that there was a curled piece of paper inside of it, and hollered "Holy crap it IS a message in a bottle!" We gathered 'round and since the cork was too deep we just knocked the top off to extract the note, which was written on the back of scrap computer paper in a female hand and described some rather saucy bisexual inclinations, which was then signed with a lipstick kiss. Being red-blooded young men we were rather intrigued by the anonymous author :laughing7:, and decided to study the other side of the paper. Apparently it was part of a multi-page a receipt from a cell phone store and it had a number printed on it!

Well the musical friend decided to call the number right there, and she actually answered and owned up to authoring the note, saying she and a friend were drinking on a bridge some 20 miles upriver a few weeks before and decided to pen and bottle the message. My friend naturally asked her what she was doing that night and if she wanted to meet up for some drinks, and she said that actually she was coming to the city that night to attend a farewell party for her good friend Danny who was moving to Florida with her boyfriend!!

That compounded series of coincidences and good timing has amazed me ever since.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what im talking about !!!! Wow !! Thats incredible !! Great story !!

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
A few years back, I bought a motorcycle. It was used, but had only 7 miles on it.
I dropped by the dealer two days later on this bike, and as I was dismounting and removing my helmet, a car parked next to me, with a young couple in it, and the lady was stunning in her skimpy summer clothes.
I came out of my stunned state when the guy said to me, "Hey, that's my old motorcycle"
True. He was the former owner, and he got my address and sent me the tool kit and owners manual.
I haven't been there since, but what were the odds? It was my lucky day, and I should have purchased a lotto ticket.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one that is not treasure related.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread