Detector Sleeve

How much would you be willing to pay for a metal detector sleeve?

• $5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $8

• $10

• $15

• $18

• $20

• Total voters

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all...my wife made me the neatest sleeve to go on the rod of my detector. It covers the upper and lower shafts and protects it from scratches, scuffs, dings, and other envirnometal factors that come along with my relic hunting. She wanted me to ask if others would be willing to buy something like this. Any design that you would like i.e. NFL, MLB, NASCAR, CAMO...what ever you like she would make tailor made to your tastes. She is looking for help to find a reasonable price. The price would include the fabric (typically runs about $5 a yard), thread, and labor. How much would you be willing to pay?

Attachments

• Sleeve1.JPG
    Sleeve1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Sleeve2.JPG
    Sleeve2.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Sleeve3.JPG
    Sleeve3.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 267

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Re: L@@K: Detector Sleeve!!! TELL US WHAT YOU THINK???

Looks O.K......a little camie going. We tend to baby our machine a little sometimes when they are new but, eventually you will have to give in and except that scratches will happen specially if prospecting..I've seen shafts covered with electrical tape to help with scratches and electrical interferences. 8)
RD

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the input RD66. However, she would tailor make them to the individuals tastes. Whether you want Nascar fabric or you like the NFL, MLB...Giants, Braves, Yankees etc. She will do that. I like Camo that is why I have camo showing in the picture. Where I hunt there is tons ofsticks and shrubs that will wreck havoc on your coil cord and shafts of the detector. So this would be beneficial for that....Or it could be a designer type deal to promote your team or Nascar Driver etc. We would be grateful to those who voted on the poll to kind of get an idea from all the fellow Tnet members. Thank you all for your time!!!! :) :) :) :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used

Be nice if she can custom make rain and dust covers . ;)
Rob

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She suggested those little umbrellas that you get in a mixed drink tapped to your screen...Viola, a Rain cover LOL ;D Just Kidding of course

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi all this is chopperJoe, about the shaft cover, nice cover but why don't you Just go to (Home Depot) and and buy a pipe cover made of Black Foam ? ;D 8)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
chopperjoe said:
Hi all this is chopperJoe, about the shaft cover, nice cover but why don't you Just go to (Home Depot) and and buy a pipe cover made of Black Foam ? ;D 8)

Or... a round plastic conduit cover with a slit down the middle. ;D
RD

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know, YOU COULD do that if you want. I always thought it made the detector look kind of thick and clumsy. I have known others who use this method and to each his own. I am just trying to get a feel for what someone would pay for one of these. I prefer this over the pipe insulation and conduit. Plus, with a Sunray probe, this would work more effectively in my opinion...

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
You can buy a roll of leg-wrap (equine) for $2, though you're limited to a few colors. You can also get camo'd gun-wrap, but I don't know the cost.

I'd be careful of copywrite infringement if that applies in a situation like this.

Neat idea though, if the copyrite thing is a problem, have her put the name of the owners machine on 'em ;)

Smitty

EDITED: I meant to say Trademark instead of Copywrite

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IndianaSmith, cool thought, dont know if anyone has tradmarked anything like this but that is a cool thought. In addition, yes the camo tape is cool too. My buddy has that on his and the sleeve is by no means the only way to achieve the goal.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I to this day swear by that black foam pipe insulation.
I even put it on the shift lever of my truck to reduce the road noise.
Works like a charm.
Cheap too.

OD

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am thinking that the sleeve would work good over the cord for my head set...I always seem to get it tangle up in shrubs and brush.....maybe that would help the twings from getting stuck in the coils......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions