Equinox 800 USB Charger

boogaloo

Apr 2, 2018
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 100, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my Nox 800 and being a complete novice on the new technologies, I am wondering what charger to use. I went to Staples and they sold me one by "Apple" that just says 12W USB Power Adapter. Does this sound alright to charge my unit or should I get something else?? I don't wanna cook my new toy. Thanks.....................Daniel

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're good to go! :occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is time for Terry to give his full report on Equinox 600 & 800. Good luck and good luck to those who purchase these two detectors.

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Plainfield,IL
Detector(s) used
Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what was packed in my Equinox 600. I used laptop to charge it and ordered a Apple charger.
minelab-equinox-battery-charging-recommendations.jpg

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOu spent Wayyyy too much money buying an Apple charger without an Apple to use it for.
You just need a USB charger that indicates 5V, 2 amp USB. Be careful of units with multiple USB outlets because they share the amperage, so you should only use ONE USB outlet at a time. Amazon sells them cheap.
I have a Phillips multi 3 prong and 2 USB wall outlet that meets the specs, and it charged my new 600 perfectly within the time stated by the manual.

OP
OP
B

boogaloo

Apr 2, 2018
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 100, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Elf. Man I didn't even know what a USB was a week ago. I am a nuts and bolts type of guy. My other hobby is building flintlock rifles...........Daniel

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Elf. Man I didn't even know what a USB was a week ago. I am a nuts and bolts type of guy. My other hobby is building flintlock rifles...........Daniel

I'm kind of the same way, and I've ordered the 800, and was concerned about a charger, or the right kind, since minelab shows, but does not yet offer their own. On T-Net I've learned a few things since, and picked up a couple of USB chargers at a Home Depot, and they are 2.4 Amp. and I should be good to go, they also had a car charger rated at 3.1 Read the on-line manual, and I believe it said a "minimum" of 2.0 @ 5v, any problems with 2.4 or 3.1?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread