Helpful HINTS Lets see IF EVERONE can add something

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't pee on a yellow jacket nest. My wife did once, came stumbling out of the woods screaming, flapping her arms, with her pants around her ankles. I was laughing my butt off at the sight, which was not appreciated, and got the silent treatment for a week.

LMAO!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't buy a second-hand treasure map.

Never loan money to a relative.

If you don't tell lies it won't matter whether you have a good memory or not.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went out and tried that on my truck Gare and it didn't work. I thought I followed your instructions. Does it have to be remotes from the same make of vehicle? I got a Chevy and the daughter has a Subaru. Still cool info and I'll try to play with it some more.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"absolutely, completely false. If you want to give tips, at least make sure they are real and not internet bs. "

Jason before i posted this I went to my car AND rolled down the passenger window Called my cell phone with my home phone , Put my cell phone on the hand rest LOCKED the DOOR !!! went inside my house and with out holding my home phone to to my remote tried pressing it and NOTHING ! Held my home phone to the remote and pressed the remote and BINGO you could her the horn acknowledge it unlocked the door! I tried this 4 or 5 times each way with the phone hearing it and it would work , Not letting the home phone hear it it would not work.
I realize you think your trying to help others but KNOW what your talking about first. I WILL BET YOU $1,000 US dollars what i said worked on here If you wan to take this bet let me know !!!

I dont care what you did, thats physically impossible for a phone to transmit a signal like that. your keyless entry sends a radio signal to the car. Your phone can not pick up and trasmit a radio signal. If that was true, you could listen to a radio station across the country (or around the world) just because you sat in your car talking to someone in that area. simply, not possible.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
if you find something detecting and it looks like junk don't throw it away till you know what it is

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't trust whitey
if you get it, go the a doctor and get rid of it
the Lord loves a working man

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you try to unlock a car door using a slim jim, do it on the passenger side. That way, if you screw it up, the owner won't cuss you every time they have to crawl across from the passenger side to drive off.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Always remember, Mr. Murphy is waiting around the corner to play havoc with your plans.

Case in point. Had to drive up to my farm in PA. Okay, I'll mix business with pleasure, load up my stuff and my mini bike to cruise around checking out spots. Leave Friday night, arrive Saturday afternoon. Great, I can play around on Easter Sunday, and take care of business on Monday.

Woke up to this Sunday. Forgot it was also April Fools. :BangHead:

snow.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i've met Mr Murphy, more than once....not nice encounters.

I could have used the key /cell phone thing a few weeks back when i locked my keys in the truck.
Our truck has a feature that prevents you from locking it with your keys in the ignition....unfortunately, i out smarted that.

You can get your car remote to work from a greater distance by holding your remote under your chin and pressing the button.
I guess it uses you as a larger antenna.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread