Helpful HINTS Lets see IF EVERONE can add something

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Here is something that works and may save you and someone else a lot of time. If you have a vheicle with remote entry and you lock your keys in the car. Call your partner that would have a remote also. Put your cell phone on Speaker and hold it next to the door and have the other person hold the remote next to the microphone on there cell phone and press the open button. POOF a lot of time saved :)
Now it is the next person to read this to post a hint and so on down the line. Lets see ifwe can help each other !!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helpful hints, lock picking is not as hard as you think it is. I learned over a couple weeks and can pick most pin and tumbler locks. On a related note, most cheap safes(think safes you buy in big box stores) can be picked with little more than the file on a pair of small finger nail clippers, a sharp rap on the top while turning handle, or a neodymium magnet. Of course if you learn to pick locks you must follow the golden rule of "only criminals and A holes pick other peoples locks without permission."

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't lock your cell phone in the car along with the keys.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprailroad :) Great point but you can usually borrow someones cell phone near you

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Helpful hints:

1) Don't buy Rolex watches from strange men who stand on street corners wearing trench coats.

2) Don't stick your fingers in light sockets.

3) Don't bet on race horses.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
don't go down a road at 50 mph on four wheeler with somebody else driving another one where you can't see them ( me and my dad did this we were going down are drive way way to fast and there was tree and he didn't see me i t-boned him )

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go detecting with steel toed boots.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

Especially on the internet.

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're out in the woods and go poo poo and you forgot toilet paper, use leaves, ferns, grass.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not grocery shop when you are hungry

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Here is something that works and may save you and someone else a lot of time. If you have a vheicle with remote entry and you lock your keys in the car. Call your partner that would have a remote also. Put your cell phone on Speaker and hold it next to the door and have the other person hold the remote next to the microphone on there cell phone and press the open button. POOF a lot of time saved :)
Now it is the next person to read this to post a hint and so on down the line. Lets see ifwe can help each other !!

absolutely, completely false. If you want to give tips, at least make sure they are real and not internet bs.

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat the petty things, and, don't pet the sweaty things.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is actually a rule there

I am such a rebel.
Do this every lunch break...... I swing over my boots at least once every break too....... but have to wear them at work so i don't yet change them for my lunch hunts.

My additions to the thread would be, based on my life experiences:

1. - Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive.
2. - Give back.
3. - Accept help from others.
4. - Get down on the floor if you can, and play with your kids.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
always know ahead of time where you can go to the bathroom just in case, especially in public or semi public spots. and as the old Boy Scout motto was, be prepared for it! of course in the summer heat, have plenty of liquids, Gator Aid is awesome

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely, completely false. If you want to give tips, at least make sure they are real and not internet bs.
I did wonder about that and why our car burglars haven't progressed to that level. But I haven't tried it. I would just use that cellphone to call OnStar anyway and have them unlock it. Good tip I can give everybody is don't pee on an electric fence.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"absolutely, completely false. If you want to give tips, at least make sure they are real and not internet bs. "

Jason before i posted this I went to my car AND rolled down the passenger window Called my cell phone with my home phone , Put my cell phone on the hand rest LOCKED the DOOR !!! went inside my house and with out holding my home phone to to my remote tried pressing it and NOTHING ! Held my home phone to the remote and pressed the remote and BINGO you could her the horn acknowledge it unlocked the door! I tried this 4 or 5 times each way with the phone hearing it and it would work , Not letting the home phone hear it it would not work.
I realize you think your trying to help others but KNOW what your talking about first. I WILL BET YOU $1,000 US dollars what i said worked on here If you wan to take this bet let me know !!!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The plants with three leaves together work especially well after poo pooing in the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread