Would you buy from an ebay seller (or otherwise) who posted th following description?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.22.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.22.52 AM.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 205

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly. Some people didn't graduate college (or high school). Ebay rules still apply to "not as described". I'd have to see the items.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to college and still can't spell that well, just never been great at it. Yet all my english professors pushed for me to try and switch majors to english of some sort. Don't be to quick to judge; as some people struggle with one thing, yet greatly excel at others.(In this post I had to look up how to spell excel, professors, and almost spelled college as collage) haha

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it this way by all the MISS SPELLINGS look how much more attention. Heck it even got FETURRED (SP HAHAHA) on Treasurenet.com

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
Many , Many cultures in this great nation, if this is an american citizen, maybe hes just an old guy with no retirement, trying to make ends meet. Let the buyer beware.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He won't be selling on eBay for long if he's charging for insurance. That's against their rules.

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I look at after seeing the item when buying on Ebay is the sellers rating if they had say a 100% rating and had sold 30 items I would buy from them.
If they are first time seller I pass.
Illiteracy [spellcheck caught me on that word] is everywhere, even the very smart people can have it.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's from Alabama. Probably had his teacher help him with the spelling. ;-)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's from Alabama. Probably had his teacher help him with the spelling. ;-)

Now now, Charlie. You just insulted two groups of people. Citizens of Alabama, and teachers. My wife just retired from 38 years of teaching. Who taught you?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife is a retired teacher as well. ;-)

I had very good teachers back in the 60's and 70's. When it was possible to fail.

In fact, I taught as a college adjunct for economics and a "Math Practicum" for nursing students. I swear - one nurse hopeful never cleared her calculator in an exam and she filled in dosage problems with numbers in the trillions. She had no mental concept of what a million ounces or grams would look like. Totally vapid. She ended up failing - and I caught all kinds of flack from the administrators. One reason I no longer do that. Better that than waking up in a hospital with her holding a 55 gallon drum of morphine for me.

And, yes, it was a hell of a lot of hours and work for what it paid. I spent four hours unpaid prep or grading for every paid hour of teaching.

Long video, but worth it.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy what I see in the pictures, the description is secondary if not entirely irrelevant or incorrect (which is very often when buying ancient artifacts from Eastern European detectorists).

The terrible spelling may be disappointing coming from a fellow 'murican, but at least it is decipherable. I've seen considerably worse.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally would have a hard time bidding "with confadance" on anything found with a "medle detecter."

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wuz disa trk qwstton? If he seller has 100-200 positive transactions and no negatives yes.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seen just about as bad on this forum for spelling. I
'm thankful for spell check, and when it comes to sentence structure I get whipped.
Let's put it this way if we met in person and you slapped a thousand dollars on the table and said to give you an example of a verb, noun, adjective, and such-well I'd be beat from the get go.
It's a blank, couldn't tell you one example.

I've met folks that can't spell nor read very little, but they're very wise/smart in ways that no learning in a classroom could ever do, except the school of hard knocks.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly. Some people didn't graduate college (or high school). Ebay rules still apply to "not as described". I'd have to see the items.
My family and friends are very proud of me for graduating from HCC in Bridgeport, Ct. in 1981, majoring in Accounting. I too have problems in spelling.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's put it this way if we met in person and you slapped a thousand dollars on the table and said to give you an example of a verb, noun, adjective, and such-well I'd be beat from the get go.

Pity poor Pepperj.

(Verb, adjective and noun . . . where's the money?) ;-)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never sold but I have purchased. One of my passions is hunting deer with recurve bows from the 1960's.

Only once have I had a bad result - and I really can't fault the seller. I had one blow up in my face on the third shot. But you never know what a used bow has been through. I contacted the seller and he was good enough to refund half - and I was happy with that.

What I don't like is that ebaY has become a "Discount House" for new Chinese crap. Even counterfeit products labeled as the real thing (notably Zeiss and Leupold products).

I liked it better back when it was more like a garage sale of used personal items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread