Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha. I envy that! The freedoms we have when living out of town are so much greater. Social responsibility, and all that. Peppering your neighbor's house with lead pellets is unpopular. I have a cousin who grew up and lived in the country, and as a teenager spent a summer with his grandmother in town. She complained about the crows that would roost in her big elm tree, raising heck, and pooping all over. Naturally, shooting them from the upstairs window seemed like a perfectly logical solution. He received a good talking to from the local police!

Yeah well not much chance of hitting a "neighbors" house here. That driveway is 700ft long.That field is 25 acres:) showatt.jpg

callicles

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it’s just down here, but Most all the farms and farmers around here have Carpenter Bee traps hanging around our barns and houses. They work very good. You can look up carpenter bee traps and build them yourself. The trick is just knowing how to dril a 45 degree hole in your trap. Easy and effective!!!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[h=3]Bumble Bee[/h]
  • The bumble bee is 1/2 to 1 inch long; it is stockier than the carpenter bee.
  • These bees are fuzzy, furry creatures with black and yellow bands across its body.
  • They nest underground; travel from the nest to flowers to gather pollen.
[h=3]Honey Bee[/h]
  • about 3/4 of an inch long
  • Its head and legs are black; the center of its body (thorax) is furry and pale/yellowish in color; the back end of its body (abdomen) is shiny with alternating dark and orangish/yellowish bands.
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR]

[LIST]
[*]They nest in hives and are an [B]endangered species[/B].
[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Honey bees are not endangered. One of the [URL="https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/u-s-lists-a-bumble-bee-species-as-endangered-for-first-time/"]bumble bees was classed as endangered[/URL] last year but no honeybees are on the list.

There are seven Hawaiian native bees listed as endangered but no honeybees.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a painting business ,swat them with a paint brush full of paint . They don't fly to good with coat of paint:icon_thumright:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My late FIL had made a bunch of swatters with a long piece of shoe molding and hardware cloth to resemble a large fly swatter. The bees were destroying the out buildings around the farm. In my coop building, it was in eaves...I would always stuff something in the holes. They are destructive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread