rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a 100 reviews and posts on them but I'm only more confused. Looking for something I can use in dry and wet, on a pole, that's a decent size. Seen alot of videos with people complaining their 6 inch scoop is too small. However, I don't want to be lugging a 5lb behemoth around either. Any recommendations would be great! Maybe Stavr? Most likely will be at semi rocky, shelly beaches. Ty

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I've read a 100 reviews and posts on them but I'm only more confused. Looking for something I can use in dry and wet, on a pole, that's a decent size. Seen alot of videos with people complaining their 6 inch scoop is too small. However, I don't want to be lugging a 5lb behemoth around either. Any recommendations would be great! Maybe Stavr? Most likely will be at semi rocky, shelly beaches. Ty
I made mine, but you can buy similar. Specs: I took a 6" round SS scoop and added 4' length of aluminum electrical conduit.
: Scoop holes should be a hair smaller than a dime.
: It is 17 years old and still going strong.
Frank:
owl-2.jpg

OP
OP
rebbel31

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish I was inventive like that. Unfortunately my talents don't include metal shop. Therefore looking for suggestions on the market. Like to see your setup though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is all personal preference. I prefer 9-10 inch scoops as I want to recover the target before the next wave or swell hits me, 9" is the smallest I will use. I currently use the Sunspot Stealth 920IX, it is 9 inches wide 5 inches high and 13.4 inches long, my backup is the Beach Brute II, it is 8.5 inch wide, 6 inch high and 12 inch deep and I installed a stainless steel lip on it.

OP
OP
rebbel31

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked those up. Ty. The brute is 5 lbs which sounds like it would suck after a while. I like the stealth scoop but its doggone expensive. The stavr looks similar and it's 100 bucks cheaper. Wonder if there's a glaring difference in quality?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RTG BIG ALUMINUM 7" WATER SCOOP (#RTGBig7)

Attachments

• a16.jpg
    a16.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 58

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked those up. Ty. The brute is 5 lbs which sounds like it would suck after a while. I like the stealth scoop but its doggone expensive. The stavr looks similar and it's 100 bucks cheaper. Wonder if there's a glaring difference in quality?

Yes there is a difference in quality between Stealth and stavr. Brute is 4.9 pounds with handle, Stealth is 2.9 pounds with out the handle, with handl it is also close to 5 pounds.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 9.5" T-Rex. A little heavy, but I drag it behind me in water or dry sand. ~ $179+/-. I too like to get the target before next wave. I dig a lot in local river too, lots of stones. No problems yet, unless rocks are too large to use scoop.

OP
OP
rebbel31

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a difference in quality between Stealth and stavr. Brute is 4.9 pounds with handle, Stealth is 2.9 pounds with out the handle, with handl it is also close to 5 pounds.

Thanks for your reply. I guess the real question is. Is the stealth twice the quality of the stavr because it's twice the cost. For now I'll only be hunting beaches on vacation. Still trying to find a job close to the coast . Hard to do in my field.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're only hitting the sand and are concerned about cost, maybe go with the Krylar SS Sand Scoop sold by Kellyco for around $50. It's a hand scoop versus a long pole, but it is quality and affordable.

OP
OP
rebbel31

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're only hitting the sand and are concerned about cost, maybe go with the Krylar SS Sand Scoop sold by Kellyco for around $50. It's a hand scoop versus a long pole, but it is quality and affordable.

No sir, I'll be knee deep in it. I couldn't handle all that bending. Cost isn't the biggest factor as I like quality just trying to determine if the top stealth as it seems is worth the premium over a stavr or extreme scoop. I overresearch stuff and drive myself crazy

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No sir, I'll be knee deep in it. I couldn't handle all that bending. Cost isn't the biggest factor as I like quality just trying to determine if the top stealth as it seems is worth the premium over a stavr or extreme scoop. I overresearch stuff and drive myself crazy

I too have the Stealth 920IX, don't know about the Stavr, but the Stealth is danged near indestructible - and it is MADE IN THE USA! Metro-Detroit, I keep aiming to visit their shop as my kids are local to him.

OP
OP
rebbel31

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also looking at XTREME Scoops, they look nice as well. Anyone tried these?

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last weekend we spent a few days on the Treasure coast for the holidays. My brother and father both metal detect and were there with their scoops so we were able to compare and talk about the 3 different ones we had. My brother has a 5” diameter RTG beachmaster, my father has the 8” T-Rex scoop and I was able to show off my brand new Stealth 720i. There is a huge difference between the Stealth and every other scoop. I usually have buyers remorse for even the smallest purchase if it’s for myself rather than for my wife or daughter....BUT I think the stealth is worth every penny. Maybe it’s because I hunt with a Pi machine and used to use the 5” RTG, but I actually get excited again for the deep whispers instead of dreading them.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel I would suggest getting one of those 9 to 10 inchers like TH suggested. Tie a short rope on the handle and drag it behind you . That way it marks where you have ALREADY BEEN !!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I really wish I was inventive like that. Unfortunately my talents don't include metal shop. Therefore looking for suggestions on the market. Like to see your setup though.
I picked up the original SS hand scoop at Kelly co. They probably have long handled versions by now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread