Go big or go home - the detector revolution is here!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I really expect is a technology war in the immediate future! I am looking forward to it. I don't see this model as the one to go out now and dig a single coin in a park, but to locate that Civil War Hut with all those lovely bottles in it and the 18th century privy with the coins, ceramics and such in it. THAT would be a legitimate use for it.

It i is replacing the Nokta Golden King.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i would like to see a real world test.i sometimes put water bottle caps on the ground where i hear something.the go back and dig them after i have about 10 marked.
brad

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2019 will be an interesting year for the hobby.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if you fished very much over the last, say fifty years and used fish sonar, it is unbelievable from what was once state of the art fifty years ago to what we have today. I can see a submerged trotline, the drop lines and the hooks very clearly with my fish finder, we are talking about trotline and drop lines that are much smaller! you can see actual tree branches and other structures and know exactly what they are, no guessing. the first screen fish finders had the very crude pixels that gave you a very blocky picture but now you can see your lure and know exactly that it is your lure. unbelievable detail now and it just keeps getting better and better. so nothing really surprises me except how in the world they manage to figure this stuff out.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
if you fished very much over the last, say fifty years and used fish sonar, it is unbelievable from what was once state of the art fifty years ago to what we have today.....

Dirt-looter, there is one BIG problem with the difference between that, and coins-in-the-earth : The medium through which the signal passes through. Water is like there is nothing there. It presents no problem for the signal to pass through. However: MD'rs detect through solid soil. A totally different medium, and a totally different task. Thus no comparison :(

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be really... really sweet though.

gomulumetaller-1-en.jpg gomulumetaller-2-en.jpg gomulumetaller-3-en.jpg gomulumetaller-4-en.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, 2019 will be an interesting year. And remember, the microwave when it first came out was over $1000, now they can be had for under $100 anywhere, so don't chicken out on the current pricing. It's a wait and see thing. And FYI I'm not giving up my Tesoro Cibola.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if you can cancel out something via "the image" signature.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dirt-looter, there is one BIG problem with the difference between that, and coins-in-the-earth : The medium through which the signal passes through. Water is like there is nothing there. It presents no problem for the signal to pass through. However: MD'rs detect through solid soil. A totally different medium, and a totally different task. Thus no comparison :(

I was just referring to how dramatically technology has changed in ways many thought impossible

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would NOT be a park machine. I can't imagine anybody wanting to want to use one there, but there will be many uses, most of the them at first professionals like archaeologists, but through time I do expect two things, competition and a lowering of the price although Minelab is still sticking with their one $8k detector. I have never seen one of those used around here though.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, waiting a bit is the key....unless you're 99% sure where a gold cache is hidden and only have one chance to go for it!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
This new tech will play a critical role in finds now, and in the future. If you don't think it will, by all means ignore it. Eventually, the resolution will be fine-tuned and then it's a whole new ball game.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More nonsense from Nokta. Wait a year ...a cheaper waterproof version will be available...early adopters- Dont get shafted! Do yourself a favour and look at the velox one video on their website. Looks so hokey...its so cringe worthy it will make you think twice about the brand. Sure they make good mid range detectors, but their marketing is PURE FANTASY. The website shows a velox one ,golden sense etc penetrating over 4-5 feet (!!!) for a single frequency vlf machine!!!!! I understand marketing and a little spin but to me that type of animation is purely false advertising and morally not really fair.

Note to manufacturers - fantasy animations dont sell detectors

Chub

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
More nonsense from Nokta. Wait a year ...a cheaper waterproof version will be available...early adopters- Dont get shafted! Do yourself a favour and look at the velox one video on their website. Looks so hokey...its so cringe worthy it will make you think twice about the brand. Sure they make good mid range detectors, but their marketing is PURE FANTASY. The website shows a velox one ,golden sense etc penetrating over 4-5 feet (!!!) for a single frequency vlf machine!!!!! I understand marketing and a little spin but to me that type of animation is purely false advertising and morally not really fair.

Note to manufacturers - fantasy animations dont sell detectors

Chub

Are you back on this again? Regardless of animations or photos, people have common sense. If you see an ad for a car that drives to the moon, is anyone going to believe that? If there is anyone that believes that metal detectors go five feet on a coin, then they need a hobby they can understand, like playing jax.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I put the computer down *gasp* and went detecting today. Got some nice Civil War relics from a pounded site. That did not prevent me from talking to a long time friend who actually owes me big time for some favors over the years. Anyway, said friend, who is not a member of this site but has detected with me before, started spouting techno-geek when I told them about this new detector. Now what you have to understand is I've known this person I guess 30 years, and they were/are the kind of person who drives ordinary mortals nuts. "Techno-geek" is putting it mildly. Understanding relativity before you are 10 is just not right. Degrees in Computer Science, with additional Art, AI and Engineering background, plus robotics. You know, the kind that drove their parents and teachers nuts.

After a 30 minute conversation, and having so many technical terms thrown at me my head exploded, they are making me a one a kind prototype featuring AI and a whole bunch of other things I can't even imagine understanding, with the end result being a hand held metal detector with color visual imaging in my possession later this year, and all hand held with any additional batteries in an over the shoulder bag.

Got your popcorn out? I actually think it can be done. It may not work as described, but they were really excited about the challenge. Film at 11. AKA a "science project."

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you back on this again? Regardless of animations or photos, people have common sense. If you see an ad for a car that drives to the moon, is anyone going to believe that? If there is anyone that believes that metal detectors go five feet on a coin, then they need a hobby they can understand, like playing jax.

I understand common sense and I agree with you I just find it a little too much spin. Recently Minelab came under fire for spin and hype with the equinox "making every other vlf detector obsolete'. Thats also stretching the truth -just not so much.

Dont get me wrong Nokta make a great detector, but the advertising isnt accurate.

chub

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All I am saying is that If you make an excellent product and provide very good customer service why undermine your integrity with such an a ammature animation?

chub

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dont get me wrong Nokta make a great detector, but the advertising isnt accurate.

chub[/QUOTE]

Really what company doesn't stretch the truth about their product in this world. Auto manufactures is one of biggest on milage, paint companies on the coverage, caulking tubes on the bead, endless marketing oh the marketing. Internet Companies with download speeds of up to... So buying a detector is no different and the obtainable signal in damp sugar sand will be different than the red clay mineralized soils of some CW site. Certainly the company will base the best result not the worse.
Watching the video posted up doesn't give me goose bumps as it shows great possibilities of what is to become in the future, as will the price point.
Buying a Whites Detector 50 yrs ago was a good $350, then buying one now with better technology can be obtained for well under $100.
In 10yrs this new technology will be out there for pricing that will still keep most of the market but competition will drive the prices down' and the technology will go up a level where it will surreal to what we have today.
I can see the screen being in a 3D wrap around glasses/goggles as what we are seeing in virtual reality today.
Big screen TVs were 10K, now for the same thing and superior quality can be obtained for 1K so it might take a decade but it will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions