Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes we manage to spend the whole day hunting and it usually ends with both being very tired and being very hungry. If you are planning to hunt like that on a site or area that will permit it, a smoker can be an awesome hunger fix. The cool thing about using a smoker, the smaller type like a Brinkman that costs around $50, is that you can smoke a great variety of things. Once the smoker is fired up and going, you basically just put your items on and forget them (other than maybe keeping the water pan filled). There is nothing quite like smelling the ole smoker slow cooking hamburgers, sausage, hot dogs, chops or whatever else as you hunt. Plus, on some things that don't take but a few hours to cook, you can stop early and grab a piping hot meal and then get right back at it. Sometimes just knowing that you have something hot and delicious cooking as you detect makes digging those trashy targets a little easier to do. of course you may have to keep a watchful eye out for those pesky food thieves that can show up. An ice chest with some cold drinks can top it off in grand style. this works extremely well when taking the grandkids out detecting for the day, really keeps their interest up. I would figure it would work well with group hunts as well. I have seen smokers completely change attitudes as people began to smell the "goods" cooking, who knows, might even open a new permission to a place. Have smoker will eat good! DL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What a great idea.:thumbsup:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I clicked on this thinking you were gonna say something about a Chocolate Frosty...lol:tongue3:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I clicked on this thinking you were gonna say something about a Chocolate Frosty...lol:tongue3:

hey those chocolate frosties are good year round and we still get them. I usually get a small one if by myself but get a large is my wife is with me....she is an ice cream hog, especially chocolate, anything chocolate!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A can of vienna sausages and a package of crackers works for me. I'm out there to find treasure or pan and sluice for gold, not to go on a picnic. ha
~Texas Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A can of vienna sausages and a package of crackers works for me. I'm out there to find treasure or pan and sluice for gold, not to go on a picnic. ha
~Texas Jay

true but it can be very nice and especially with kids. But the days of Vienna sausages are over for me, ate a lot of them over the years and I no longer find them tasty at all. guess my taste buds have changed. but more power to you:icon_thumleft:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Texas Jay

Vienna sausages are long ago and far away but some Beanie Weenies and crackers is an excellent hunger controller. Nice, long burning carb with a bit of protein. I keep them in my paddling bag when kayaking all day.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all good ideas
I just send my beer assistant for food

camilla.jpg

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some odd reason i don't have the discipline to stop detecting. The only hunger i ever get is for the next target. Maybe i need someone to bring me food and feed me as i detect?

smitty988

Dec 1, 2015
Cedar Creek TEXAS
Detector(s) used
AT Max (Garrett)
1236-M (Fisher)
Willow Branch
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHO would turn down Sardines & Crackers - know ye the truth and the truth shall make ye free

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wild horses couldn't make me eat a sardine

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wild horses couldn't make me eat a sardine

Ha. Jeff, you sound like my longtime gold-mining partner. He can't even eat dinner in the same day tent with me when I'm eating sardines.
~Jay~

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my wife told me that if I ever ate a sardine, she wouldn't kiss me for a month.....no problem, I don't plan on ever eating one!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my wife told me that if I ever ate a sardine, she wouldn't kiss me for a month.....no problem, I don't plan on ever eating one!

Right there's another good reason why I'm glad I've never had a wife. :)
~Texas Jay

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread