Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure this subject has been addressed and, if so, please point me in the right direction. I have permission to search several old home sites but, as a new MDer, I have no idea where to begin the search. Where should I begin ... near the house or some other place? A few sites have standing out buildings (barns, workshops, etc.)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well after much contemplation I say get out of the car, turn it on and GO ( don't overthink it)

OP
OP
S

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after much contemplation I say get out of the car, turn it on and GO ( don't overthink it)

So it seems that my first instincts were correct. Perhaps my next task is to develop patience and discipline. I was hoping there was an easier way.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what? would you like the gold and silver to jump out of the ground and into your pocket?

enjoy the process grasshopper

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grid every permission in multiple directions when allowed. I 1st do the curb strip and then grid parallel to the sidewalk gridding towards the house I then do each side yard in the same direction and then finish the back yard. Take note of the trashier areas and go back over them with a sniper coil. When you go back for another hunt after you completed the 1st grid (east to west) then grid it going north to south.

OP
OP
S

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what? would you like the gold and silver to jump out of the ground and into your pocket?

enjoy the process grasshopper

Just the gold should jump into my pocket. I’ll search for the silver. What I’m really interested in is useless iron, bottle caps, and pop tops. 😏

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions