SeArkHunter

Greenie
Mar 19, 2018
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy, I got worried about my detector a few weeks ago. The wife and I were detecting along the bank of a lake, when she accidently kicked it into the water while I was digging a spot. It was only in the water about two seconds before I snatched it out, but I was worried. However, the detector is good to go. I let it dry out and haven't turned it on for a little over a week. Popped some new batteries in today and did a test over some coins and my wife's wedding ring, and it worked fine. I was worried at first, but it's good to go.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"accidently" ?? I think not

OP
OP
S

SeArkHunter

Greenie
Mar 19, 2018
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She cried. It was an accident. Even told me I can buy a new one if I want.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the save! Would have been worried too for sure.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My F4 got wet once when I was cleaning it. I simply let it sit in the sun a couple days with the batteries removed and the battery cover removed. Glad you got away unscathed

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
A good fix for wet electronics is to put them in your frost free refrigerator.
worked for me, although not always

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She cried. It was an accident. Even told me I can buy a new one if I want.

You took her up on the offer didn't you? My wife and I were talking about my neck surgery a few weeks ago and the subject of swinging a metal detector came up. She said someone should make a light machine for people like me. A few days later an XP Deus arrived at my house. Don't tell me I can't take a hint!:laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You took her up on the offer didn't you? My wife and I were talking about my neck surgery a few weeks ago and the subject of swinging a metal detector came up. She said someone should make a light machine for people like me. A few days later an XP Deus arrived at my house. Don't tell me I can't take a hint!:laughing7:
I'd sure like to "friend" her!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on now,at the least you should of lost your balance and accidently,on purpose ,knocked your wife into the water.:evil6::wink:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh man, your poor wife walked right into that one. I'll bet you told her that you just happened to know of a make and model that was light and would be just the right fit......and you know from your posts of your finds....you were absolutely right.:icon_thumleft:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted a while back that I had a Garrett Deepseeker MD and we got caught once about 2 miles from the truck in a torrential rain. This was back in the 80's. I unscrewed and slid the battery cover to the side only to see water gushing out. I thought it was ruined. To make a long story short, once home I used towels, removed the battery tray and removed all the 9 volt batteries. I used a hand held blow dryer and dried the detector I know for about an hour off and on drying the unit thoroughly. Once I thought it was dry enough, I placed the batteries back in the tray, inserted the tray into the rear of the unit, cut the MD back on, and used it for another 5 years.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Guys had better be careful-------------If they ever----------not IF but WHEN they find out you have taken advantage of their generosity, you will be punished in the Wallet. Gosh Sweetheart, where did all that new Jewelry come from. BTDT
Marvin

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting a swimming beach one time in knee deep fresh water when I stumbled and fell and my Minelab Sovereign got submerged, I just drained it and and dried it out with a blow dryer and no problems, but... same thing happened in the ocean and it got fried. I guess the salt in the water is what hurt it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread