Strange Experience at Cellar Hole.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Go back and see if you still feel the bad vibes. It could have been a one shot deal. What say you?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe your mind influenced by EMI ? Did you select another channel? Meth lab?

In all seriousness ... google burnt sugar smell tree

Katsura Tree. Cercidiphyllum tree

could this be it?

Im a VERY OPEN MINDED sceptic..... ha ha . No Im open Im open to anything but the burnt sugar tree may be a possible answer.

all the best

Chub

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are in New England and it is that time of year. Low pressure does strange things with odors. Maybe someone was in the woods cooking shine!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fear of going back is in your head. Face your fears head on, go back there and detect. If you would be more comfortable, take someone with you, but definitely go back. Supernatural feelings CAN NOT hurt you.
Marvin

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upset stomach, ill feeling, Did you by chance eat any thing that contained maple? Did you by chance hear any strange noise coming in the zone behind you? There may just have been some wind generated very local that had a tendency to move with you.

Are you insinuating that it was a maple syrup fart?

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
My dad was close by, so I asked him if he wanted to check out a couple cellar holes with me. They were one mile down this really old, stonewall lined narrow dirt road, that you could barely even drive, there was even a sign at the beginning that said something along the lines of "Road Not Maintained: Enter At Your Own Risk". In the time we were there (a little over an hour) we didn't see a single other car or person anywhere. Around a mile down the road (which took about 10 minutes to drive) was the first cellar hole we went to. This one was abandoned between the late 1700's and first half of the 1800's. We were there for half an hour and got no hits, I also felt a weird slightly sad and depressing feeling around this cellar hole. Nothing compared to what I would feel at the next cellar hole I hit though. Anyways, we then decided to drive down to the next cellar hole on the road, which was pretty close by, and used to have a school house on the other side of the road.

Now here is when things got really creepy. We parked in what was once the old dirt driveway of the cellar hole, which was so hard packed that nothing could grow there even after being abandoned since the late 1800's. My dad opened the car door and went into the driveway, and said, "Holy crap! It smells like very strongly like burning sugar or syrup!!" When I came out of the car I smelled the extremely strong, almost unbearable, smell of burning sugar or syrup, completely unmistakable. The smell was only in a small patch of air around the driver side of the car and 20 feet out in the direction of the cellar hole, when I went to grab my metal detector from the trunk, I couldn't smell anything. I came back to where the smell was and still smelled it, unbearably strong, five seconds later and it was completely gone. It didn't even seem to get weaker, it just disappeared suddenly. I would have assumed that the smell was coming from a nearby house, but when I got home I checked a map and realized that there was not a human made structure around for miles. Anyways, I then started metal detecting around the cellar hole, and felt the most depressing horrible feeling I have felt at a cellar hole. It almost felt as if a whole family who lived here all died a horrible dramatic death at once, probably a house fire I guessed afterwards. I actually felt a little sick to my stomach, there was such a negative feeling there. I gave up on a couple holes because I couldn't stand the feeling in that area. I never said anything to my dad about what I was feeling at this cellar hole, but for some reason he left the cellar hole quickly and went to the car for the rest of the hunt. I quickly went to the school house area across the street, I didn't find anything, and didn't pick up much energy coming from the site. I then went back to the other side of the road to the cellar hole, and felt that horrible feeling once again. I also then noticed some very strange symbols carved into a big beech tree next to the cellar hole, that looked to have been there for at least 20 or 30 years, they made me feel even more uneasy. I then got a mild whiff of that burning sugar or syrup smell again, in a different area than before, and decided to leave. The minute I got into the car, everything felt fine again. I am not sure why this cellar hole felt so weird, and what that burning sugar or syrup smell was from, but I am never going back there again.

They syrup smell could totally be antifreeze cooking off. That’s what it smells like.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinman 123 Im glad you enjoyed every single post in this thread!

Chub

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The curse was to protect the hoard of gold coins buried in the cellar hole. go back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread