dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha all, new to the forum and hope I posted this in the right place, I am interested in purchasing a new scuba tector for water hunting and after watching some videos on them I was wondering if they are that much better than my Garrett AT pin pointer, and as much as I would like to have one I cant see buying it if I can use the pin pointer in the same way, I guess I am looking for someone who has used the scuba tector to tell me if theirs enough difference between them to justify the purchase.

Thank you, Carl

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Scuba Tector, is NOT a pinpointer as such. They have different uses. If you are snorkeling or scuba diving, the Scuba Tector is a good, easy to handle unit to scour the ocean floor in a small area. A Pinpointer is just that, it pinpoints a target once detected. If you are water hunting and can't use a scoop, a pinpointer comes in handy.:skullflag:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Scuba Tector works great. I took one last summer on my vacation and found in 1 month almost 500 coins and one big silvver ring with it. But they have a weak spot. The inside connection for the usb cable is very fragile and breaks easily down. It's best not to disconnect this cable after charging and leave the cable inside the detector after charging.

OP
OP
D

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, kinda what I was thinking, besides buying new things is half the fun lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread