Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fascinating.

It says 7.5 grains of cannabis per a fluid oz. Thats like half a gram, but reefer is a solid and this medicine is a liquid. Is the weed just floating around like the hops in that homemade beer my neighbor brews?

I don't think my mom lets me take medicine with stuff floating in it.

Cannabis can be anything you make it bud, oil, hash, keef (powder).....at least that’s what I was told :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fascinating.
It says 7.5 grains of cannabis per a fluid oz. Thats like half a gram, but reefer
is a solid and this medicine is a liquid. Is the weed just floating around like the
hops in that homemade beer my neighbor brews?
I don't think my mom lets me take medicine with stuff floating in it.

They take the bud, grind it (rough..not fine) and then drop it into
some good old booze. Mix it up real good, stir daily for 4-5 days,
strain and serve. As for the booze part I prefer to use local moonshine.

Easy to do, and very effective..... breakfast.jpg

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to cough when your entire body is paralyzed, ummm, that warm fuzzy feeling zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had to go see the Doc today to follow-up after having bronchitis
(again), and she asked me if I've been coughing....

Had to tell her the truth...been smoking cig's for 40 years, got COPD, and
still the only thing makes me cough bad is bud.

I can live with that.... 10ldhipy.gif

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to go see the Doc today to follow-up after having bronchitis
(again), and she asked me if I've been coughing....

Had to tell her the truth...been smoking cig's for 40 years, got COPD, and
still the only thing makes me cough bad is bud.

I can live with that.... View attachment 1576428

I’m right with you. Sometimes I coughed so much I almost blackout. What a rush!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Know what's funny.Everybody laughs are the ingredients of the cough syrup,take a look at the crap in the processed food people eat,you can't even pronounce 3/4 of the crap but it's ok to stuff in your mouth.Get your nice chemical cakes and cookies.Thats what's really funny.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1914 $10 dollar note-that's not wheat-yes it's Hemp. In Hemp We Trust.
1914-federal-reserve-note-1.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Know what's funny.Everybody laughs are the ingredients of the cough syrup,take a look at the crap in the processed food people eat,you can't even pronounce 3/4 of the crap but it's ok to stuff in your mouth.Get your nice chemical cakes and cookies.Thats what's really funny.

Most foods that are in the centre isles are procured first by the white Lab. coats.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ancient cultures went to great lengths to preserve their dead. Today we have pre-mortum embalment as an accidental by-product of food preservation.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I found interesting that the label had indicated "Indica" I didn't think the science of the time had tested the difference between the two strains of cannabis. They might have gotten the information from another culture or maybe there was more research that is known or admitted to.
Seems there were many effective meds out there that governments outlawed when people started to have too much fun with.
I read a report that opium was outlawed when there were 100000 addicts in NYC alone. I did see a old west photo of a drug store that advertised out front "Opium Sold Here"
Looking at the label it has a medicine to numb pain ( chloroform, morphine sulfate, alcohol) a depressant (alcohol) a calmative
and mood alterer (cannabis) a sleep inducer ( all of them)
Overall it looks like this might work fairly well except that alcohol can have an increased effect when mixed with the others. Like other things if it doesn't kill ya it will make ya stronger.
My view is never mix alcohol with other meds. Not because it makes them taste funny.

On the side when I was studying herbs it was reported opium trade started with China wanting American ginseng and traded opium for ginseng to the point of a very large trade business and huge addiction here. China still imports all the ginseng they can and prefers the American strain over Korean. There are people here striping the hills bare for the herb. Too bad as it grows slowly and only in certain places.

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
people were tougher back then. They would have cocaine coke in the day and drink that cough syrup at night.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Napoleon's soldiers introduced weed to Europe.They brought it back from Egypt after Napoleons invasion.They liked smoking it better than drinking their Brandy.It didn't give them a hangover.:laughing7: I forget what book I read that in.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found interesting that the label had indicated "Indica" I didn't think the science of the time had tested the difference between the two strains of cannabis. They might have gotten the information from another culture or maybe there was more research that is known or admitted to.
Seems there were many effective meds out there that governments outlawed when people started to have too much fun with.
I read a report that opium was outlawed when there were 100000 addicts in NYC alone. I did see a old west photo of a drug store that advertised out front "Opium Sold Here"
Looking at the label it has a medicine to numb pain ( chloroform, morphine sulfate, alcohol) a depressant (alcohol) a calmative
and mood alterer (cannabis) a sleep inducer ( all of them)
Overall it looks like this might work fairly well except that alcohol can have an increased effect when mixed with the others. Like other things if it doesn't kill ya it will make ya stronger.
My view is never mix alcohol with other meds. Not because it makes them taste funny.

On the side when I was studying herbs it was reported opium trade started with China wanting American ginseng and traded opium for ginseng to the point of a very large trade business and huge addiction here. China still imports all the ginseng they can and prefers the American strain over Korean. There are people here striping the hills bare for the herb. Too bad as it grows slowly and only in certain places.

The Opium Wars were two wars in the mid-19th century involving Anglo-Chinese disputes over British trade in China (prominently the opium trade, where they get their names from) and China's sovereignty. The disputes included the First Opium War (1839–1842) and the Second Opium War (1856–1860). The wars and events between them weakened the Qing dynasty and forced China to trade with the other parts of the world.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP]
[h=2]First Opium War[edit][/h]Main article: First Opium War
The First Opium War, during 1839–1842, was concluded by the Treaty of Nanking in 1842. The treaty ceded the Hong Kong island to the United Kingdom in perpetuity, and it established five treaty ports at Shanghai, Canton, Ningpo (Ningho), Foochow (Fuzhou), and Amoy. Another treaty the next year gave most favored nation status to the United Kingdom and added provisions for British extraterritoriality. Then France secured concessions on the same terms as the British, in treaties of 1843 and 1844.
[h=2]Second Opium War[edit][/h]Main article: Second Opium War

Depiction of the 1860 Battle of Taku Forts

During 1856–1860, British forces fought towards legalisation of the opium trade, to expand coolie trade, to open all of China to British merchants, and to exempt foreign imports from internal transit duties. France joined the British. The war is also known as the "Arrow War", referring to the name of a vessel at the starting point of the conflict. The war resulted in a second group of treaty ports being set up; eventually more than 80 treaty ports were established in China, involving many foreign powers. All foreign traders gained rights to travel within China.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't be bothered by a cough if you are passed out. Looks more like some type of drug cocktail that would be popular with young drug addicts rather than cough syrup. It makes me wonder how many people in the early 1900's were hooked on cough syrup.

Funny story,
Yesterday at a cellar hole I found a huge pile of bottles dating from around 1900 to around 1950. Someone was already there before me and took all the good ones, but left a lot of intact ones. I noticed one bottle between some rocks in the cellar hole with an iron cork that rusted the entire top shut, and sealed it from anything outside. The bottle was an old cough syrup bottle from around 1910, and still full. I assumed that the liquid inside of it was rain water, but was surprised to see that the liquid looked like milk, rather than water. I didn't grab it, in case it broke and 100 year old cough syrup went everywhere. Looking it this post, and seeing what it is in makes me wonder now if I could get arrested for owning it lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread