Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right...catching a bobcat or a mountain lion...right...sure...right after church?????

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know too many conservation officers who would get upset if you caught an animal and transported it out of an area. The alternative is you killing it and most would rather see it alive.

your wrong.! If you check most state game laws it is illegal to transport game from one area to another because of the diseases they can have. Better check with your conservation dept first.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your wrong.! If you check most state game laws it is illegal to transport game from one area to another because of the diseases they can have. Better check with your conservation dept first.

You are correct most if not all game regulations state that. I haven’t met one who will charge you unless you are being cruel to an animal.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You are correct most if not all game regulations state that. I haven’t met one who will charge you unless you are being cruel to an animal.
I've been busted twice when I was a kid.

Do not live trap, in a harmless cage, a certain rodent. A couple rodent species are highly protected here in Michigan, they have 'seasons' (which I feel are required). There are laws and I found out at 15 y.o that the DNR doesn't discriminate. Havahart.

Do not accidently catch a bird of prey.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys I know clearly understand you have the option protecting your property and thus can eliminate the threat. Moving the kitty would be much preferable to them as long as it is done in a humane manner.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
hey when that chickens head starts spinning around 360 degrees and snarling I want to see videos ok ?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nomad 11, I let her inside once when she was a young thing. She tried to kill the cat. I have tried to get her to growl again, no luck. And she and her friends had a wonderful lemon danish today and half a cantaloupe. Plus chicken food.

Fistfulladirt, do not even look sideways at a bird of prey. A friend and I were boating on the Chesapeake a couple years ago and found an eagle feather. We took a couple pics and put it back. You can't even own one.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Obey Laws

TreasureNet does NOT condone the breaking of any laws, always be sure you are following local laws in pursuit of your hobby.

On the other side of the coin we do not condone spying or reporting on our members.

Action we be taken when it is revealed...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Most states and counties have NUISANCE trappers ., That's who you call . Trapping is not protecting your your self and animals. Shooting is . Understand the laws before instructing others !

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The guys I know clearly understand you have the option protecting your property and thus can eliminate the threat. Moving the kitty would be much preferable to them as long as it is done in a humane manner.
The guys you know aren't following the law. Around here, that may gain you a hefty fine, and possible jail time. Don't mess with protected species.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
a bobcat tried to get my cat once it never heard shot

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe or they are following the intent of law. The law was setup to prosecute people who captured live animals in the wild to take them home. Or in some cases take animals to populate an area void of them - like upland birds. Moving an animal from a domestic location back to a more wild location is not going to upset most guys I’ve come across because the alternative is termination of the animal which most states will allow in protecting your property. As for moving a deer yeah they might frown upon that.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a bobcat tried to get my cat once it never heard shot

If I had a nice tom walking around in January or February it would become a pelt. Good northern pelt might get you a detector on sale of good quality

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my case there is no danger of any laws being broken. My course of action when I saw the mountain lion in the lawn last summer was to drive my fire engine red Impala through the lawn to suggest to the cat it go away. It complied and lived happily ever after. (Not against the law here to drive your car in your HUGE front yard.)

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my case there is no danger of any laws being broken. My course of action when I saw the mountain lion in the lawn last summer was to drive my fire engine red Impala through the lawn to suggest to the cat it go away. It complied and lived happily ever after. (Not against the law here to drive your car in your HUGE front yard.)

Now that would have been worth the price of admission

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

would like a video of that

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I'd probably get the Nutjob of the Month award for that one. But it worked. And we both lived happily ever after. It was getting close to dusk, so getting a good video, if I had thought about it would have been near impossible. I just had several big trees cut down so it could not sneak up on me when I go out early or come in late. I do not intend to become a tasty snack.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey DON'T worry when you take me to that SPECIAL CIVIL WAR detecting spot i will PROTECT US I will be PACKING !!! If it attacks it will be HISTORY and that would be legal then :)

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to lions and bobcats who live near Smokey. He is free food and good tasting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread