Return lost class ring

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnwon2

Jun 21, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark & Equinox-800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It may depend on the manufacturer. I've found a Jostens ring before and contacted them and they assisted in identifying the owner and getting it back to the person. For privacy purposes, Josten's handled the returning and didn't give me their contact info.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any initials carved inside the ring? If you know what year and school it came from you could contact them and they may be able to help.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good luck. A sherlock holmes who-dunnit mystery solved is always fun in this hobby :)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know the high school and the ring had initials in it, you can try to find a high school yearbook for that school which may give you an initial match. Once you have a name or a couple possible names you can then try to track down those people though alumni associations and googling them.

Ancestry.com does have some high school and college yearbooks in its data base but there is a fee to use it. I currently do have a membership however and would be happy do to a look up for you. Just pm me

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
or ( if it's gold) you can send it to me and I'll make a slight effort to find out

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, no name or initials engraved inside the ring and it will be quite difficult finding the real owner.
Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread