sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JUST TOOK A GLANCE AT THE NEW DETECTOR Nokta INVENIO AND LOOKS LIKE IT SHOULD DO WHAT IT SAYS , BUT FOR A PERSON WHO SUFFERS FROM TBI IT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE TO WATCH THE SCREEN ALL THE TIME AND NOT HEAD FIRST INTO EVERYTHING . BAD ENOUGH , THAT I DO THAT NOW. ALSO ALL BELLS AND WHISTLES ARE FINE , BUT GIVE ME A DETECTOR WITH A MOUNTED SCREEN AND NOTHING BUT THE IMAGE AND NONE OF THE REST THAT I DONT NEED. PLUS SAYS 2 YEAR WARRANTY FOR 11,500.00 I DONT THINK SO . FOR THAT KINDA MONEY THE INSTRUCTOR SHOULD HAVE TO SPEND A MONTH OR TWO FOR TRAINING AND A 5 YEAR WARRANTY. TO ALL THAT CAN AFFORD SOMETHING THIS EXPENSIVE I AM NOT JEALOUS I WOULD TRY IT MYSELF , BUT GIVE ME MY OLE MXT PRO AND MY XRAY GLASSES THAT NEED UPDATING CANT SEE LIKE I USED TO AND A 6X8 SEF COIL ,AND I WILL BE HAPPY. I AINT DIGGING FOR CHINA IM JUST ENJOYING A HOBBY. PLEASE DONT HATE ME CAUSE IM FRUGAL MAYBE ONE OF THESE DAYS WHITES WILL SURPRISE US OR SOME OTHER COMPANY WITH A SIMILAR DETECTOR WILL A REASONABLE PRICE TAG.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Nokta INVENIO = Of utterly no use to normal metal detecting. Ie.: coin, ring, etc... sized objects.

Unless you intend to try to trace out septic tank outlines, or building-foundation outlines ..... what's the point ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
And BTW: No need to SHOUT. No need to use all capital letters.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom in Ca, you are correct, not your average coin shooting machine. I saw this on youtube and methinks! I shall NOT pay that kind of money for any detector. This one, if it goes deep enough would be fine for finding debris from a privy or dump, but for the average park....no. This would be for finding caches, privies, etc.

That being said, I have gotten someone I know to "make" an artificial intelligence machine that will do something similar. It is not ground penetrating radar. It won't cost me anywhere near that much, and it if fails, we will not be ruining the "base" machine, which at any time can have the extras taken off and used as a conventional detector again at any time. Frankendetector lives!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And BTW: No need to SHOUT. No need to use all capital letters.

Tom this has been brought up in the past, that's just the way he posts, all caps all of the time. Please don't take offense and just turn down your volume on your hearing aids. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions