Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, it's simple day-to-day kindness and integrity like this that makes the world go 'round. As others have stated, it is a small gesture to make but may well be remembered and cherished for a lifetime by the beleaguered recipient. I remember those small kindnesses and what a monumental difference they made in my own times of weakness or difficulty, and consider it a good investment in humanity to pass them along.

My metaphysical notions about an "afterlife", apart from religious conceptualizations, suggest that every action we take in this life are causes of effects which ripple through time and space for eternity. Something akin to the "butterfly effect". To provide some context, if the Sun ceased to exist at this moment, the light would continue shining here on earth for another 8 or so minutes. The source is gone, but the plants would continue photosynthesizing and our skin would be warmed by the light shining from a dead source, and after it passed earth that light would continue on until the ends of the universe. We all exist because of the actions of our ancestors going back to the dawn of time, and though we might not be able to measure or isolate the current or future diluted and dispersed effect of a good deed or expression of love a thousand years ago, I'm convinced that a good act creates ripples of goodness that emanate through time just as a malevolent act creates ripples of evil through time. When we dig up an artifact, we are touching the same item that one or many nameless people hundreds or thousands of years ago created and held, so while we may never know their names we know for certain that they, whoever they were, lived and loved and dreamed and died so despite being a pile of dust somewhere they still manage to reach through time via the artifact and measurably influence our own lives so many years later. The smallest events or accidents have changed the course of world history; events or accidents predicated upon the confluence of countless forces all predicated on even more countless forces. An act of kindness can and indeed does change the world for the better, just as an act of evil or selfishness does the opposite. So even if the effects of our own lives, lives which necessarily came to be because of an unbroken chain of events going back to the moment of creation and before, can't be isolated and measured in a purely analytical and scientific manner, it is a fact that our lives and deeds continue to live-on and ripple throughout all time, joining forces with the lives and deeds of all who came before and all who will come after us. It is, therefore, our duty and responsibility to all humanity to try to be a slightly better versions of ourselves every day, and to be kind and understanding to those who need and deserve it. The effects of our deeds are much bigger than it may appear in the moment.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
dirtlooter, you're a hero!

th (2).jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread