All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Uhh, and this has what to do with metal detecting ? :)

Also, to answer your question: There's been back-pack blower makers that have the appendages to turn them into vacuums, instead of blowers. But be aware: They're only strong enough to pick up leaves and light papers. Not pebbles, dirt, etc.... (I own a street sweeper Co, so we've toyed with them, and abandoned them, for this purpose :) )

OP
OP
J

JIMINAZ

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know this has nothing to do with metal detecting. I thought this was a General Discussion forum that covers all forms of treasure hunting and prospecting. As for the vacuums they are used by thousands of prospectors around the world to vacuum up dirt, rocks, gold and almost anything that will fit thru the nozzle. The Echo model I mentioned will pull 354 CFM through a 2.5" hose. That's enough power to clean bed rock no problem. All the major manufactures including Keene, Royal and many others produce and sell thousands of these vacuums. If you look on You Tube or Google Gold Vacs you will see hundreds of examples of these tools. Below is a link to one such vac. My question to you would be: What does this have to do with you owning a street sweeper company ?

OP
OP
J

JIMINAZ

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, thanks for the link. I've read that entire thread and no where does it mention the size of hole needed. I emailed Viper for an answer but so far haven't heard back. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
ok. Your original post did not say of how the question dealt with prospecting. Hence Md'ing related. My bad.

And now that you mention it: A shop vac (for example), is really nothing more than a blower (it exhausts air, after all). So I suppose there's no reason why a backpack blower engine power can't accomplish the same thing. But for that matter, suction dredges are all around for purchase.

Just when you mentioned "Echo" + "blower", it caught my attention. Because we use blowers in the course of our business. Not sure how effective it would be for suction dredge purposes. But for purposes of collecting garbage , they didn't work out well.

OP
OP
J

JIMINAZ

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom this isn't a question about a suction dredge. There is no water involved. These tools are used in dry areas to clean bed rock and they can also be used to run a "DRY WASHER" Again no water involved. I'm not interested in purchasing a suction dredge I already have one. All I want to know is if anyone knows the diameter of the intake on the Echo PB-255 ? It's a legitimate question if you're building on of these tools. Check out Terry's link above "Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower" It explains the tool far better than I can.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
J

JIMINAZ

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking it's about 6-7 inches. Maybe Home Depot has one I can look at. Thanks Terry !!!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the vac. build,I went the easy way. Elect.Wet & dry vac. and a small Honda Generator.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread