Who decides if finds are true or Lies ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our rules on real or fake.

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected

If members suspect a find is fake contact mods with your evidence of the find being fake and mods will do the research. It is never appropriate to challenge a members find in the open forum.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what the rules say. I read them. But who decides ? Any mod or top ones only ? Not mentioning any specifioc post but some seem to be getting by with out being backed up correct ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what the rules say. I read them. But who decides ? Any mod or top ones only ? Not mentioning any specifioc post but some seem to be getting by with out being backed up correct ?

If you have proof one is fake then report it with the proof of why you suspect something is fake. It is impossible for mods to read every post or see every find posted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you have proof one is fake then report it via report post or PM with the proof of why you suspect something is fake. It is impossible for mods to read every post or see every find posted.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME !

But I quietly keep my opinion to myself.

:P

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, I don't think it's possible to know for sure. Plus, for me, I don't particularly care. I mainly like playing in the dirt. I have no way to tell and as such will take as truth what other people state they find, I have scratched my head at a few finds, but have never vocalized an opinion. I can't tell so speculation is irrelevant. Odd and fantastic finds do happen all the time. All over the world.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a member here caught red handed on one find, but who had posted many fantastic finds prior to the one proven. That member was forever banned. That was 3 years ago.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My opinion is who really cares - as I said before my life changes 0.0% regardless true or false, found or not found, fake or not fake story or legend.

I also think the same people who argue so much are the same people who stare out their window all day waiting for the mailman to show up - nothing better to do I suppose........I'll probably be one of those in 20 years as well........

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
If you have proof one is fake then report it via report post or PM with the proof of why you suspect something is fake. It is impossible for mods to read every post or see every find posted.

I'm fairly certain that not one single post on the thread that the OP is eluding to has been missed by the Mods...lol. The FBI has stated nothing was found but.....well, you know

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
. The FBI has stated nothing was found but.....well, you know

But you know some will say that they took it all, and they covered it all up. :coffee2:

As for finds? Well if somebody really needs to post something up that's not really been found by them in the dirt on that hunt, that will cause me no harm.
They have to look in the mirror each day and realize they have something that needs to be worked out.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Normally when nobody leaves a comment it’s suspect

Good to know.
I have a thread I started last year that had zero comments, and for the life of me i could not figure out why as what I found really excited me and was quite sure on the ID.
Now I have to wonder what it was that that made it suspect, since I was quite sure on the research.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the gold & silver is sent to me and I independently verify. You can PM me for my address

Submissions may not be return but you will receive an official document of authenticity on a sticky note.

- Honestly though I don't know why anyone would lie on a forum though. Maybe youtube for views?
My finds for the year total almost $2.00 in clad so I need only find another $648 to pay for my Nox

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know.
I have a thread I started last year that had zero comments, and for the life of me i could not figure out why as what I found really excited me and was quite sure on the ID.
Now I have to wonder what it was that that made it suspect, since I was quite sure on the research.

...there is a lot of jealousy concerning Native American Artifacts. If there is no comment, it's usually jealousy. JMHO

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...there is a lot of jealousy concerning Native American Artifacts. If there is no comment, it's usually jealousy. JMHO

This thread was for an unmarked belt buckle, that i am almost positive can be traced to the time of the "Siege of Prairie du Chien" during the War of 1812.
I doubt it was jealousy in this instance, just doubt. Maybe someday an alternative can be presented is all.
I love to have certainty on my finds, regardless of the outcome.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know.

I’m not sure about that answer sometimes it doesn’t look like it was dug and so forth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread