Anyone ever find folding money while detecting?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I found some in different denominations just about every yr. I was a letter carrier. My own rule was from sidewalk to house it was their's and I put it in their mailbox. From sidewalk to street was open game & I stuck it in my pockets. One customer asked if I'd put money in his mail box. Yes I told him and told him my rules. He said it wasn't his so I should take it. I told him to buy some powerball tickets & we'd split it. That 5 bucks lasted 3 or 4 weeks and I had an opportunity for early retirement. Didn't work but cost me nothing. The most I ever found at one time was 30 bucks. Twice I found several ones strung out in a line to a convenience store. If ya find one look around and good luck.

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two twenties, three feet apart at a play area. Some dad probably lost them while playing with the kids.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few bills over the years, but probably lost more then I found.

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
While hitting a worked out beach digging a dollar or two in corroded change, a hot wheels car. and couple lbs of Al & Fe trash, the wife will find a $10 or $20 spot floating in the surf while picking up sea shells, there is just no fairness in life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread