No permission to metal detect

rickb2202

Jan 30, 2015
nuevo mexico
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the full moon rises over the still pond you will find yourself grasshopper detecting at the wong place!!!!!

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find printable release of liability forms on the internet. Print one off and ask again.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently asked for permission to hunt a site and the Const. Super said that Insurance regs. wouldn't allow him to give me permission but he also said "If I see you detecting there I won't say or do anything to stop you".
Your Mr. Wong may have the same answer. Just tell him you understand about the ins. but what would he do if he saw you detecting anyway.
Marvin

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have learned a valuable lesson grasshopper: Just detect. Apologizing, and explaining to the owner you are a 30-year customer if confronted, is much easier than hearing "no" initially.:skullflag:
What’s your address? I’m heading over to your front lawn ASAP.
Who knows, might not find anything good, but I’ll have fun digging holes in your lawn until you catch me and ask me to leave...

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tent without the bottom. Get in it with your metal detector and some cold water, it gets hot. Detect the floor area and then stand up, lifting the tent with your head, moving one tent space over. Detect, then repeat. If someone is outside and questions you, just start snoring real loud until they leave. Resume detecting. I do it all the time.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, myself do not hunt where a commercial building was recently demolished since so much fill is brought in. Now if they removed the paving from a parking lot, i'd hit it before they fill or repave.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its private and it's the owners choice-simple as that-carry on.

What gets me in this whole thread is the insistent raciest comments that flow so easily, likes, laughing at another nationality.
Now how do the Asian members feel about reading these comments?
Where are the "Mods and the applying the forum rules"?
It seems there is a serious raciest thinking that runs deep in some of the forum's membership, shame on you all really.
I have personal friends that are from many different nationalities and they have no similar thoughts as shown on this thread.

One would feel embarrassed to be associated with this type of general racism in real life, why does it happen on a written forum?
I'll answer that because folks hide behind the keyboard showing their true colours. Sad really
So do you all mock another nationality when going down to local market/store? So why do it online of this toted "Family forum"
Remember that young kids read these comments, and what has been said is basically telling them it's ok to be this way in life, to mock another person.

"Oh we were just having a little fun" Yes, at someone else's expense.

This country has a lot of growing up to do, the world is shrinking, and integrated, get used to it folks, seriously think about it for once.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is Nothing Racist in this Thread that I see.
there is a few lame Comments, that were obviously made to get a Laugh.
but I see nothing that should get anyone's panties in a wad.

is it Racist to say " Cheese La'Weeze", "Yippy-Yo-Ki'Aa" ?, "Yo Dude !", "Listen Pardner !" or "well Butter My Backside & Call me A biscuit "?

I don't think TreasureNet is made up of a Bunch of people who are so Thin Skinned,
They can't just roll their eyes at Lame Comments & move on.

Enough of the Victim Mentality !

Now Please ! Back on Topic !

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PJ, I told you in our pms my wife is Asian, she sees nothing racist in the comments either.

I told you 2 mods had read thread already and did not see an issue in our PMs yet you post "Where are the Mods and the applying the forum rules"?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is Nothing Racist in this Thread that I see.
there is a few lame Comments, that were obviously made to get a Laugh.
but I see nothing that should get anyone's panties in a wad.

is it Racist to say "Yippy-Yo-Ki'Aa" ? Or "Listen Pardner !"

I don't think TreasureNet is made up of a Bunch of people who are so Thin Skinned,
They can't just roll their eyes at Lame Comments & move on.

Oh you are probably right Jeff, it's in good taste to mock another. Fine example of my panties been tied up, gagging actually.
Your last sentence what does that accomplish? Just confused that's all, not be construed as a challenge of your explanation.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you are probably right Jeff, it's in good taste to mock another. Fine example of my panties been tied up, gagging actually.
Your last sentence what does that accomplish? Just confused that's all, not be construed as a challenge of your explanation.

You have issue with moderation take it to PM, keep it off the forum! Last time I say that.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PJ, I told you in our pms my wife is Asian, she sees nothing racist in the comments either.

I told you 2 mods had read thread already and did not see an issue in our PMs yet you post "Where are the Mods and the applying the forum rules"?

TH you been married to somebody has little or no bearing on this as If I said something to you in a "PM" that's where it should stay sir. Not for the general readership.
It seems that you have stated not to air the dirty laundry on the open forum.
So I PM you, and you start referencing the question airing laundry.
Totally confused at this, but what the neck does a serf know.
Have a day sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You asked in post above (after our PMs) what Asian members would think, implying Asians would see it differently, my being married to an Asian and her seeing no issue does indeed have a bearing. I told you what my Asian wife thought.

I also said keep it off the forums as per our rules which you also ignored.

Now please move on!

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
So making fun of a name is more racist than assuming someone is of a certain race based on their name.

So when someone says Santa, do you think of a Mexican or a Mythological white dude. Garcia, Mexican or Filipino. Just saying, think you went the Wong way, every Wong I ever met was a white fella born in the US.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
being honest also keeps you out of jail for trespassing as well --the other guy not so much

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread