No permission to metal detect

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without getting political, I find it fascinating how some cultures tend pursue economic security in the marketplace while other cultures tend to seek it in court.

You can get a lot farther in life selling groceries than you can filing discrimination suits. But, in the interest of Pepperj's sensitivities, I'm really glad it was Wong's grocery store and not Poppa Willy's Pizza.

Back on topic, did you try to bribe him with a bowl of rice? Try it, but take a fortune cookie with you. That way if Wong gets offended you can throw the cookie on the ground to distract him, then run like hell.

:icon_thumright:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
This post is not directed at anyone particular.

You know what? I'M not offended or hurt by names or racial slurs. It may be wrong to use them, but it doesn't affect me. I am mostly Irish so I heard some slurs in my day. Anyway, what really hurt me was being fat. I hated the perception of being discounted as a human because I ate too much. However, after 30 some years of being called fat and being treated differently, I did something about it. THAT is what it takes. You have to do something about it.

If you are hurt by names, slurs, words, then you need to realize that, there are tougher things in life that can hurt you. You have to be strong.

It is easier to join the masses and shun someone for their actions then to confront them on your own. THAT is wrong. Stand up for yourself and quit trying to gather pawns to help you defend yourself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please put comments back on thread topic.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mextallion, did you ask the property owner why they said no?

What are Mr. Wong's concerns?if you don't know then screwed up there. If it is simply liability, perhaps you could offer him a waiver of your rights. If you walk in there with everything to gain and everything for Mr. Wong to lose then why would he be interested? If you take Mr. Wong's risk off the table he might be more accommodating.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mister Wong may have something BURIED THERE his self!!! You can also tell Mr Wong you would be covered under his present business owners policy !!
'

Last edited:

Viaqua

Feb 12, 2014
Jensen Beach Fla.
Detector(s) used
Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nighthawklogo.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most folks who crack fat jokes are morons -- I can lose fat easily if I really want to , but they have a real hard time gaining brains it seems to me

and as the jail house fortune cookie says.....know that its the WONG thing to do to hunt private land if the land owner has said no ...

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you call a guy with one eye, one hand and one leg metal detecting on the beach?

UNLUCKY!

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because you are a longtime customer doesnt mean he should grant you permission. Its his property. He is lawsuit wary....which he should be.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one is entitled to metal detect another person's property, and if they said no, so be it. Making fun of that person who said no or proposing crap like bottomless tents... after reading this thread, I'd be strongly inclined to say no to anyone who asked me.

Detecting private property without permission is stealing, pure and simple. If you have done it, you are a thief, no different than breaking into a car to see if there's cash in the glove compartment. Are there no morals in our society any longer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread