Wild, Wild, West! Billy the Kid?

OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1582859

Actually that would probably be third standing on the right side of the photograph back row, so it would be boy, man, Man purportedly to be Billy the Kid?

If they are the same man, than it certainly proves that the man in the EBay picture must of been above average with a pistol. Having access to all those sharp shooters, picking up tricks and skills, plus access to all that free ammunition. I would probably say he would of definitely been handy with the steel.
So if anything a confirmed gun fighter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
OFF TOPIC: UPDATED IMAGE OF EARLIER POST

View attachment 1582865

Picture Purportedly of The Hole In The Wall Gang On The West Coast "Image enhanced"
I'd like to get the negative, and any other negatives from the shoot if I could.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
After Doing research on the purported "Billy the Kid"Ebay photo, and purchasing a tintype from the seller. I found out Seller owns a clearing House out of Independence Missouri, looks like they buy up large quantities of items and dispose of them on the internet. So pictures must of originated from that general area, or were moved there, when someone moved. Still looking to pinpoint photographer.

If anyone is Interested I have a deal for you an original Tintype of John Tunstall, and McSween, out of the same album.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Billy the kid wasn't a gunfighter,he was a punk lol.You want gunfighter try John Hardin,Clay Allison,Bill Longley,Ben Thompson.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James Cash:

Have you read Frontier Fighter by George Coe?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
By 1887 The Kid had been dead for half a dozen years.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Billy the Kid was dead and gone before Buffalo Bill started his Wild West Show.

If he was alive - and he wasn't - he'd have been a fool to join up with that outfit and tour the country. He had a price on his dead.

But, the point is moot. So was Billy.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions