i heard something i never thought i would hear in East Texas

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you like 9 years old? They dont want nothing to do with you unless they in a pack......lol. Had to walk out of the Caballos at night one summer as truck broke down. I was banging rocks the whole time, they were so close I could hear em breath. Never seen a place so dark at night.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I was banging rocks the whole time, they were so close I could hear em breath.

That is too funny, banged rocks once or twice as a kid my self. LOL Only heard of a few doing the same; ssome years ago I was at this tiny little fire base in the Ghan, there was a local national who would show up on base before the sun came up and after it went down. He was paid by the hour and there was enough work around to let him work as long as he wanted since it was out in the bush far away from most and he was the only fella to pass his TB test.

He was very small, and every morning and every evening you would hear him, he had these two pieces of wood looked like 12 inch long two by fours and he would clack them things together the whole time on his 6 mile walk. Said he did not want to get eaten by the dogs, too many in hiss village have been eaten, but the village was not going to hunt the dogs down because the dogs too often have screwed up the plans of bad guys.

It used to freak out new guys that would pull guard shifts.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Sitting in a stand", was it a tree stand? Tree stands kill more peole wovles.

My friend was telling me a story about an acquaintance, a tree stand, and a bear just yesterday. Bowhunter was up a tree deer hunting when a bear came along. He inadvertently made some noise, the bear made eye contact with him and rushed at the tree. Tried to c!imb up but banged his head on a screw in tree step and ran off.

He's got a photo of the tree step with hair and a bit of blood and flesh on it.

No, Duckshot, he was sitting ON a stand. Our here it means a stump, a rock or a pile of brush. Maybe waiting beside a game trail, like a young friend of mine. I'll see if I can block out his face in the picture of the uninvited guest he had while elk huntin' with his bow.:thumbsup:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a picture of the young friend with his uninvited guest. He was sitting along a game trail waiting for an elk to come wandering by. Lo and behold along comes Mr. Big Cat. The young man had about a 9.5 pucker factor goin' when he shot him. He said the big cat whirled around and took off, only to drop over dead. He shot him with a bow...remarkable!!

C.C..jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the news tonight was a report a man using a bicycle on a trail with a friend was killed by a cougar in Washington state. Friend will make it, the cougar ran off.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Teenagers scream alot is that why you shoot so many of them Another school shooting and the school had armed protection TP

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Teenagers scream alot is that why you shoot so many of them Another school shooting and the school had armed protection TP

See, that's the thing about being in a tree stand, unlike a school building the tree only has one means of access. So, you could build your schools like a tree, or you could go around taking tooth and nail away from lions...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
On the news tonight was a report a man using a bicycle on a trail with a friend was killed by a cougar in Washington state. Friend will make it, the cougar ran off.

I saw that too. Thing is when a person is on a bike they might appear to be fleeing to a cougar.
It's said to not run, stand your ground and be noisy.
I used to wear jingle balls on my boots in griz country. Not sure how much good they were. At least the bear might know I was coming for diner.
Over the years the wildlife has been recovering. There are now more deer that I've ever remembered. Black bear and the ones few ever see.
Fewer people hunt animals anymore. Guns sold today are mostly designed to kill people.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns sold today are mostly designed to kill people.

Yeah.

But there are people in today's society that would harm themselves and others. Unfortunately, some of these kind need to get shot. Also those that might kill to steal or just plain murder need bullet holes in them, sometimes. That's just a cold hard fact of the human condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread