SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I am having the same issue, but not just on TNet, also on another forum.

Are you on an Apple device like an iMAC? I am and just recently upgraded to their newest operating system, High Sierra. That is when this issue started.

There have been many several issues with High Sierra and Apple says "they are working on" fixes. :icon_scratch::dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When my Android device gets wonky ( loading stops after starting to load a vid . or site)it needs to be shut down and restarted. Shutting it down properly ,then getting it started again takes many attempts.
As if the power button is failing. Getting the " do you want to shut down" box requires shutting off with switch a dozen or more times......

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a TEST. I have inserted a YouTube video link below, but I am not seeing it?!?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I am having the same issue, but not just on TNet, also on another forum.

Are you on an Apple device like an iMAC? I am and just recently upgraded to their newest operating system, High Sierra. That is when this issue started.

There have been many several issues with High Sierra and Apple says "they are working on" fixes. :icon_scratch::dontknow:
I have been trudging along with this copy of TNet for years. No problem. only two things happened lately that may be related.... renewed charter membership and renewed Norton's. I'll explore the link above and then call Judy's son. He has buckets of certs and controls several business systems. Reason may be "hiding in plain sight". ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! Good to see you again, Ron! ╦╦Ç

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a TEST. I have inserted a YouTube video link below, but I am not seeing it?!?

OK this is WIERD! I changed nothing, and now I am seeing videos both here and on that other forum I was having trouble with?!?!

Don't know why, but thank you computer gremlins!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trudging along with this copy of TNet for years. No problem. only two things happened lately that may be related.... renewed charter membership and renewed Norton's. I'll explore the link above and then call Judy's son. He has buckets of certs and controls several business systems. Reason may be "hiding in plain sight". ╦╦Ç

in that case I'd guess norton Security settings may be set too high & norton thinks the videos are advertising
Because they are not Directly on You tube

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in that case I'd guess norton Security settings may be set too high & norton thinks the videos are advertising
Because they are not Directly on You tube
Treasure Hunter's green TN link did not go..... no link? I will look deeper into Norton's ..... when I learn how. Crash course! Tnx people. ╦╦Ç

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the following (no promises, but it might work):

1. Clean the browser cache and cookies.

2. Restart computer.

3. Disable Norton, then try going to T-Net. If that works, the problem is with the settings in Norton. Don't forget to enable Norton after trying this.

4. Update Windows (assuming you're on a windows machine).

5. Assuming you're using Microsoft Edge (browser) try opening up Internet Explorer and see if that helps.

6. Try using Chrome (browser) to see if that solves the issue.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the following (no promises, but it might work):

1. Clean the browser cache and cookies.

2. Restart computer.

3. Disable Norton, then try going to T-Net. If that works, the problem is with the settings in Norton. Don't forget to enable Norton after trying this.

4. Update Windows (assuming you're on a windows machine).

5. Assuming you're using Microsoft Edge (browser) try opening up Internet Explorer and see if that helps.

6. Try using Chrome (browser) to see if that solves the issue.
Tnx, T, for the effort. Don't take this the wrong way but if I knew how to do any of the things you list, I would probably know how to correct my problem. All I did with Norton's was renew. I have cleaned " cache and cookies" before and had to re-enter several passwords that time(s). Windows is updated automatically on occasion and no diff at those time(s). I have used Chrome before and don't like it. (This old fart don't like change). That's not it. Sorry, T, et al, but this problem is pretty recent and my TNet and internet usage has not changed in years. I'll need someone to look at my laptop and figure it out. ALL suggestions are very much appreciated but it is probably something that "slipped in" by way of some inadvertent "add on" that I did not want but came with some package. Maybe I'm not saying it right but you all know what I mean. I'll suffer through 'til It comes to me. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: I am using a lap top right now that I have owned for about 2 years yet only used it once..... it has windows 10 on it.... I don't like change, remember? Never used it to go to Tnet. Never put Norton's on it. Did the "reset" internet explorer thing to default settings yet problem still exists (they suggested using Microsoft Edge...... Win 10's version of IE. I restarted laptop, as per instructions. I even had Judy log in as me using her laptop. She DID see video displays as me yet I still cannot on my laptop(s). I logged in as her on my laptop and still did not see videos. I am about to reset my laptops using my .45 ACP "button"! ARRRRG!! ╦╦Ç

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here...use mine, Terry.
IMAG2070_1.jpg 😁

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i have e-problrms, i know exactly what the problem is.....me, but there's not much i can do about it.
I have to get someone to fix it for me. [emoji30]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When i have e-problrms, i know exactly what the problem is.....me, but there's not much i can do about it.
I have to get someone to fix it for me. [emoji30]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

That is my next/last step. I found my copy of Corel 10 is also effected which means they post to You Tube using IE. I'll get it figured out!. Tnx. ╦╦Ç

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has something to do with IE. I have Windows 7 plus Google. I opened TNET on Google and all the videos can be seen. I have no idea why IE suddenly quit opening them??:dontknow:

C'mon "Techy's" explain this one, please.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has something to do with IE. I have Windows 7 plus Google. I opened TNET on Google and all the videos can be seen. I have no idea why IE suddenly quit opening them??:dontknow:

C'mon "Techy's" explain this one, please.

Well, guys at Tnet. I am sitting here on a local library computer. I logged onto Tnet and could NOT see videos! Therefore, guys, something must be wrong with my Tnet account..... I guess.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am scratching a HOLE in the top of my head! I am doing a restore on my main laptop but I don't have internet at the RV park so maybe that's why it has been taking HOURS! ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: I pointed my .45 at my machine. Trying to scare it into working. This was last night. Then.... both machines.... old and newer Win10 machine decided NOT to let me onto the internet. Here at the library OR MacD's. I went to Prescott and bought another lap top. Now I own THREE! Even the brand new one..... no internet. INSANE! But.... all of a sudden, all three decided to give me internet. Now, both Win10 machines show videos. There IS a God. Now once I learn how to match the internet on the Win10 to the Win8.1, I'll be back on track! Any one need a SLITELY used laptop.... the one with the bullet hole? Joking. I will keep all three. Back in business....don't know how, but I am. I think we can end this thread after I get the usual "told you so's". (now if I can figure out how to do the special characters so I can sign off..... TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread