Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I will make sure that you are in my prayers AA. Stay positive sir.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA, sorry to hear, no matter what, even if you give up detecting, please keep coming here. You have knowledge you can share and your part of the family so don't quit us. Don't give up on detecting just yet either, I have see a lot of people do amazing things while missing a limb.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
yes they do my dad has only one leg and is on crutches and he can hunt,swim,work outside,and many things all you have to do is ask God for healing and he will give

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AA, for some of us, the challenges can seem over whelming but don't ever give up. as stated by a few others, you may just have to go about it differently. For me, I call it a season change when I no longer can do what I used to do or maybe how I could do it. I have told numerous people over the last couple of years that if I was a horse, they would put me down LOL. My list goes like this, ruptured brain aneurysm, heart attack, lots of strokes, Grand Mau seizures, chronic back problems, crippled right foot, high blood pressure, Macular
Degeneration of the eyes (left really bad), IBS, Sinus problems, prostrate problems, RA, torn right bicep, both shoulders have partial tears and then the problems from the strokes-- memory sucks, spelling terrible (spell check) and math terrible. I can't do the marathon hunts anymore and a 4 hour hunt is very hard on me. Walking? I walk like a drunk and trip over everything even when there is nothing to trip over. Uneven ground is murder but I do it anyways for as long as I can. Getting down is the easy part, getting up is quite the chore. I got more serious with my metal detecting because I couldn't do other things anymore. For me, it is how I tackle each challenge, I have to be somehow, smarter about it. I drive as close to my spots as possible. I know where every bathroom is or where I can go. I wear light colored long sleeve shirts and a wide brimmed hat. My Doctor insists that I use a walker to detect with but I refuse to. So, I am slower at my detecting now but this can be a good thing. 50 - 100 holes can totally wear me out but it is what it is. I am about to have prostrate surgery, the wife has told me that she will get down and dig for me if I want her to. you can also become a mentor to a younger person wanting to learn and hunt through them.. just don't give up. you have a lot of experience to share. Jerry

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA, so sorry to hear this. Prayers and thoughts are being sent your way.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, sorry to hear that double A. I hope it's just a rough spot and you get through it ok. By all means keep hangin with us, cause you definitely ain't done just yet.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
damn shame --ill health ends many detectorist hobby -- find a young trainee / assistant and have him push you about in exchange for taking him to the hot spots and letting him use your gear ... you teach him to detect he helps you get out and about and still enjoy life ...good deal for both

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey- AABattery,

If one can find enough will to do something they can most always find a way to do it. Sometimes finding the will is the toughest part. Just gotta adapt and work with what you got.

Stay cool.

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with duck AA , You know the water gets muddy before you get the gold and I KNOW theres gold in your pan..

The_Machine

Feb 3, 2011
Prayers for you, hoping your health gets better and you can get back to hunting. Don't get discouraged, keep a positive mental state.
My wife runs a orthotic and prosthetic company. She has told me stories about patients that have health issues that would think all was lost, only to meet someone in the patient waiting room with what appears to be worse issues than them, talking to that patient they leave inspired to keep the faith and get back to living. This has happened more than once.
Do your best and keep doing your best everyday.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey buddy there's two ways of screwing yourself.one......acting your age.Staying young at heart is very important.Two.....Giving up,you give up and lay around you might as well stick a gun in your mouth.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers said AA. Hang in there, doctors aren't always right. They do awesome things sometimes, but you are the most important tool in their medicine bag.

Not repeat after me, "i refuse to give up, and i will find a way".

Positive goes a long way!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
xterra 705, nox 800 , nox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aa sorry for bad new , we know you never give up . Keep strong and young aa , praying from here

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
as battery, I'm sorry to hear you're facing this. The key word I read was "might." The medical peeps are doing amazing things these days. I will pray for wisdom and discernment for the Dr(s) and you and your wife. My 84 yr old mother is recovering from having all her toes amputated. My brother had toes, then foot, then leg halfway to his knee, to finally above the knee. He still enjoyed his hobbies: riding 4 wheelers and fishing. Whatever happens, you can adjust. Take it one day at a time and live vicariously through the posts.
You're in my prayers.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that my friend. We all know you are a real metal detecting worrior you will adapt and live on to metal detect to the end we stand with you my friend!!!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear the bad news. The good news is...you don't have to give up Detecting! All you have to do is change the way you detect. We have people with no legs climbing mountains and people without hands doing things that people with 4 limbs say can't be done! I say, take what life throws at you and hit a home run! Good luck to you and god bless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread