Bad news

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never lost a limb but i have lost use of various parts of my body. Believe it or not when i was a kid i was a downhill skier. Not gates, bumps and moguls. There ain't even any real hills in those parts but it was one of my very few
talents. Skied 2-5 times a week and though i wasnt sponsorship material I absolutely loved dropping the zipper line and feeling beat up at the end of a day.

Then a car accident, several peices of essential hardware added, and no more skiing. It wasnt easy to accept, but i got through it. Can't run anymore. But, even though I sometimes miss the old times I'm greatful for what I got today. I found new hobbies like panning and collecting tools. Not too exciting, not as exciting as running bumps on skis, but interesting and somehow equally satisfying all the same.

So stick around chin up as battery. If you can keep your chin up it'll be a good time more likely than not.

I would imagine that ski hills can be great places to metal detect, especially under the lifts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all still dont know wats wrong yet. Several doctors cant find my problem. :dontknow: I have a good wife and she takes care of me.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying for the best outcome possible.
With today's technology, you may end up with a bionic leg. Hope you can continue to do what you love.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa, always enjoyed all your posts! Stay with us my friend!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear this, but don't count yourself out of metal detecting just yet. First things first. Prayers for you and your family that you will not have to lose your leg. If the decision is made that the surgery is needed, look how far and advanced the medical world has come today. I know my situation is different from yours, but I had my first total hip replacement at age 40, and my second at age 45. I am a retired Firefighter and continued working on a Truck for another 8 years with both hips replaced. The mind along with prayer is a powerful thing. One of the sayings in the Marine Corps is "Mind over Matter". Keep focused, Keep Strong, and Keep the faith. God's Speed to you and your family.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good pirates have a leg missing. Carve yourself a pegleg and get back at it.
Seriously though, one day at a time and best wishes, Sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread