Grandson LOSES 3 CLASS RINGS at the same time...DUH!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My grandson was about to leave their house to go to his graduation and was admiring his 3 rings. Then for whatever reason, he set them on the truck....and forgot. The Football State Championship was found, mangled in the very rough dirt road this morning. it will be sent off to be repaired. The ALL STATE DEFENSIVE PLAYER ring was found beside the paved road several miles away. His class ring is still lost and could be anywhere in the 16 mile stretch to the school. I was totally amazed that the All State ring made it that far on such a rough road but it did. The class ring will be replaced easily but the other two were more personal. I have told this boy hundreds of times about others losing their rings and he swore that he would never do it and then he loses all three of them at one time! The State Championship ring was and is an ugly one but it is still what it is. the large setting was gone and probably will never be found. We just came back from town and what did we see? Some younger guy hauling butt with something sitting on his rear bumper. I would say kids but you see drinks and purses on cars too. DL

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear it. Rings are a pretty popular find for me in the city parks. Just look for the lover tracks lol. Man I am so sorry to hear it. My teenager destroys everything, but he is bigger than me lol. They need a special line of clothes and furniture just for teens right? Something with a gps too.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too am sorry to hear about this. And I hope you find the other ring but it appears to be a needle in a haystack search now. But I wish ya all the best.

MY ADMITTED STUPIDLY: Way back in 1974 I took out a 3 year loan for a new car. Payments were $76 P/Month. A lot for me at the time. Fast forward 6 months now. I've made every payment on time and managed to save up 3 EXTRA payments. I went to my parents home to visit. While inside my dad came in later. I told him I was heading to the bank to put money down on the back end of the loan to shorten it. When leaving I discovered dad had parked behind me in the driveway. NO PROBLEM... Just take my truck the 6 blocks to bank and park it out back upon returning...(sure dad). Got to bank and my money and payment book was GONE! Had cash tucked into payment book. Tore the truck interior UP (gone)! Went back & tore my car up inside (gone)! When home looked (gone)!

While I was gone at home my dad left his home and went 5 miles (1-way) to White Pigeon MI. and back and then re-parked into the front driveway. I came back and pulled in behind his truck now. And the first damn thing I see is MY PAYMENT BOOK.... And it's laying on his rear bumper and ALL MY CASH is still in the book!!!!!! That payment book / cash went about 10+ miles and stayed in place. And oh yea... then I remembered my buddy Mike had driven by, stopped, pulled into parents drive and we talked for awhile while he sat in his car.

To this day I still don't know how he took my payment book from me and put it on my dad's rear truck bumper...? Can't be my fault... right? But, talk about lucky... I WAS!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, you were very lucky indeed. my daughter had a mini melt down for a little bit, he has left other important things in places. Sometimes we get distracted and it happens. but for others, it is something that happens all the time. I always wonder how someone loses a ring where we find one. I once was throwing a Frisbee and slung my new class ring out onto a highway, Loop 410 in San Antonio TX. I dodged the traffic to get it back. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions