Garrett Ace 400 air test numbers

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have experienced a vast amount of drift in the numbers whether it is in ground or air. At best with my 400 I only get a general idea of the target if I get anything at all. I have been very un happy because of the long hours of use and marginal results. The ground balance thing is my thought as being the reason for the variation.

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Garrett Ace 400 air test numbers"

I have a Garrett ACE 400 and actually love it.Mine came with the 8 1/2" X 11" DD coil in which I never used.I sold it and bought the 5 X 8" coil.
Readings on the 5 X 8" coil were constant on targets.IE: quarter was 87-88.Then the bad happened.One of the ears broke on the coil.
Under warranty,Garrett replaced it.And the numbers changed.After just a short time,once again an ear broke.Very thin ears.i then
had it replaced with a 6 1/2 X 9" coil.Much better.Thick ears.a bit heavier but it still does what I wanted.One thing
I have discovered with my ACE 400 is that every coil I've used on it,including a 15 X15" Cors coil,read different.
My advise is to air test many objects.Mine doesn't differ hardly at all whether the object is in air or ground.
I can't tell you what my coil reads compared to yours,due to knowing
no two read the exact same.One coil may read a quarter at 84-85.another exact same model coil may read it 88-89.
One thing is for sure the one you have will read the same.So get used to yours.The more you use it the more
you will get used to it.My opinion..Good luck and good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread