Help me out here.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I have old eyeballs and I have been trying to find everything I can about this Lue Treasure Map, but it is too spread out and time consuming and giving me a serious head ache. What I need to know is exactly who introduced this map to the world, and what were the clues that this person brought forth at the time of it's introduction. I need references and names and locations. I know there is someone out there in TreasureNet Land that knows just the bare bone facts, "Just the facts Ma'am." Who, What. Where, When, How, and I'll decide the WHY. I'm sorry, I just don't have time for every theory. Also, where does the idea that the map correlates with the Dollar bill originate? I am new to the Lue, and really need to get up to speed. Thank you.

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA HA HA!!!! Funny!
That would seem to be everyones reaction that has spent some time looking at the Lue Map. The thing is, You need to know whom the German sympathizer was, and where his property was. Once you have that, it will take maybe three days to pinpoint the exact location. The map tells you the exact measurements between two main landmarks. These two landmarks are left over from the Spaniards or the Templars, whomever had the cajones to chisel monuments the size of the monuments we are talking about here. No, this map is the real deal, and I haven't seen anyone with a reasonable lead to finding it.. You just have half of the equation. Therefore, it is useless. The map doesn't tell you the location, and the location doesn't tell you the Map's measurements. You have to have both. Just point blank, trying to research who the owner of the land was, would be near impossible. He was probably one of the most fine, upstanding gentlemen in the area. There are two main features on the map that lead you to the key. The key isn't intragal, as far as keys go. One more main, most important feature is not on the map. It is on the property. The map will make perfect sense when you are standing in front of the physical location. So how is that for a 100% uncrackable code? Well, 90% uncrackable code, since everyone is dead and the land was probably donated to the state in which it resides. There may be a 1% chance of someone cracking it, but I doubt it. There still is a chance, yet very, very, very slim. This map was not meant to be cracked by just anyone. Just those that actually knew the owner of the land, when he was alive, so who knows if he did enlighten them prior to his death since he died suddenly, I would assume. Speaking of which, I wonder if he met with foul play?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To the Dump, to the Dump, to the dump, dump, dump.......

OP
OP
H

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? Why? It is quite simple, actually. There were thousands of Nazi Sympathizers back in the 30's that would do anything to keep their freedoms and stop the Marxist from taking over. Too bad the Marxist have finally won.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Okay, I have old eyeballs and I have been trying to find everything I can about this Lue Treasure Map, but it is too spread out and time consuming and giving me a serious head ache. What I need to know is exactly who introduced this map to the world, and what were the clues that this person brought forth at the time of it's introduction. I need references and names and locations. I know there is someone out there in TreasureNet Land that knows just the bare bone facts, "Just the facts Ma'am." Who, What. Where, When, How, and I'll decide the WHY. I'm sorry, I just don't have time for every theory. Also, where does the idea that the map correlates with the Dollar bill originate? I am new to the Lue, and really need to get up to speed. Thank you.

Karl von Mueller first published the LUE map in 1966 with the first printing of Treasure Hunter's Manual #7. The map was inserted with no back story, explanation, or history. It had a small cryptic remark on the bottom of the map. This version is, however, important because subsequent re-printings have subtle differences (i.e. the map was altered). Karl later said he copied the map from Hardrock Hammond, who had borrow the map from a man in Arizona. KvM would later say he and Hammond solved the map. (late 1950s, so some years before he published it).

Karl would later write in National Prospector's Gazette Vol 6 No 2 about the LUE and individuals involved in searching for it. It was a long article, but it didn't reveal a lot of specifics (understandably) but remains the most written about the map specifically in one place.

The connection to the dollar bill was put forth by Boyd Jolley in Treasure magazine in the early 1980's. He also attribute symbolism to the $5 bill. Karl never made any reference to such a connection. Comparison's to the dollar bill seem (likely) less about real connections between the money and the map, and more about shared symbolism (coincidentally, many of the same symbols are prominent in the Freemason belief system, who likely had connections to the design and use of symbols on our currency). Both the map and the dollar bill have a pyramid and an all-seeing eye. I would argue the LUE map doesn't have an actual All-Seeing Eye, but rather something resembling one.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Really? Why? It is quite simple, actually. There were thousands of Nazi Sympathizers back in the 30's that would do anything to keep their freedoms and stop the Marxist from taking over. Too bad the Marxist have finally won.

The Nazi's had nothing to do with the LUE map. That's a modern day addition to the story with no foundation in reality based on any available information before Treasurenet came to be and an individual proposed the Nazi connection. I'm not totally sure about many things related to the LUE...one of those is that the LUE is most certainly NOT Nazi related.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread