Good news

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i was asked to go down the road because these older people has some work for me to do. He was showing me what i needed to do and stuff. I asked if I could metal detect his horse area he said yes, it's about 15 HA he asked if i was into old bottles and i said absolutely! He said he and his company started bulldozing for paul Browns stadium and found a bunch of old root beer bottles. I'm absolutely no expert in bottles but i could tell they was from the 1800s. You could see where the cork part wasn't put on straight and the bottom of the bottle sucked in super far. The others wasn't even glass but some sort of ceramic type stuff. He was offered 1k just for one bottle. Anyways i thought that was pretty cool that i got 15 Ha to look for relics in may not be anything in there since it's in the country. Then i have permission to hunt another farm 40 Ha and an old dump site. I also got a job offer to work on a huge farm once a week weed eating it's 1500 Ha. Hopefully i can get good with the owner and ask, good day so far! Will be busy this summer!

Only down fall to all this is not a lot of human traffic so i may not find anything! :(

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Any place a lot of people were at one time briefly , or a place a few people were for a long time , they left evidence.
You might have more targets than you think today...A coin bounced out of a horse riders pocket ,or a tractor drivers ,or who knows who went through at night? One item could make it all worth it.

Hard telling what was dropped or discarded in the past hundred plus years by whom ,till you hold it and puzzle about it a while.
Good luck so far ,and good hunting is a real possibility!

Water drew horses and humans. Shade too at times. Both in the same place could be good. Though waterways change over time and trees can be removed or age out.

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any place a lot of people were at one time briefly , or a place a few people were for a long time , they left evidence.
You might have more targets than you think today...A coin bounced out of a horse riders pocket ,or a tractor drivers ,or who knows who went through at night? One item could make it all worth it.

Hard telling what was dropped or discarded in the past hundred plus years by whom ,till you hold it and puzzle about it a while.
Good luck so far ,and good hunting is a real possibility!

Water drew horses and humans. Shade too at times. Both in the same place could be good. Though waterways change over time and trees can be removed or age out.

There's an old graveyard from the 1800s right next door to my house. There had to be an old home stead or house that was torn down at one time. I looked up information about the graveyard and only came up with the list of names. We also have old rotten barns and locations where barns once existed. They would be excellent locations now i think about it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There's an old graveyard from the 1800s right next door to my house. There had to be an old home stead or house that was torn down at one time. I looked up information about the graveyard and only came up with the list of names. We also have old rotten barns and locations where barns once existed. They would be excellent locations now i think about it.

If you can identify a door opening , check below where the threshold was.
If you were to squirrel some card playing money ,where would you put it so you could recover it easy but still be safe?
Corners both inside and out. Tops of plates or logs. Near a vertical beam but buried in the floor, or under a plank maybe.
When buildings collapse stuff can get scattered.

Fence post holes ( a loose pole that may or may not function to hold fencing)or even a hollowed out part of a fencepost.....Or where a post once was and little or no sign left today.
Chimney hearth or a unmortared stone or brick. Or mismatched mortar on one.
A well stone similar.

Wear gloves ,watch for snakes,bees ,hornets,spiders ,old well holes...Don't go in or under unsafe structures. Plenty of safer areas to hunt,with less nails maybe too.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're having trouble finding the house location look for plants,flowers bushes that people usually have growing around houses,such as lilac bushes.I have house locations using that method.Watch out for open Wells in tall grass,it could ruin your day.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I wish it was that easy to get permission around here. Always remember the last paragraph that releventchair posted. Be safe. Yes Randy that is good news. You should be busy for awhile. Congratulations on all the permissions you got. And you Never Know Whats Below. Take care and good luck.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a ball field near 57th street just north of State st in Milwaukee, WI. It is built on an old dump site. As a kid, I would pull old bottles out of the areas below the field that were exposed. Fun! ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOPS! Looked on Google Earth. May be at 51st and State st. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread