Treasure Hunting in Zimbabwe

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I smell a set up:laughing7:

You smell your own dirty socks lol
All of us here in Africa are scammers. Please give me your bank details so I can send you money. Just your credit card number plz hahahaha

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not that hectic if you keep your wits about you. To think you will be able to do anything 'honest' or legitimate is laughable. Malaria is creeping up also. Laying in this state for a few days or more you are extremely vulnerable. The treasure of which you speak has been looked for before. Do yourself a favour. Sort your Visas out for RSA and Zim. Base yourself is South Africa then travel into Zim. Try Victoria falls or some other tourist destination. This is your lowest risk way of entering Zim. Generally speaking the Zimbabweans that come to South Africa are very pleasant, well educated people with a good work ethic. Much better than others in the region.
From what I have read even people with first hand knowledge of the treasure were unable to remember /identify its location with the ever changing vegetation etc. There are a few version of the story (as to be expected).
Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a decent established insider it will be much more difficult to achieve anything.
Chub

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not that hectic if you keep your wits about you. To think you will be able to do anything 'honest' or legitimate is laughable. Malaria is creeping up also. Laying in this state for a few days or more you are extremely vulnerable. The treasure of which you speak has been looked for before. Do yourself a favour. Sort your Visas out for RSA and Zim. Base yourself is South Africa then travel into Zim. Try Victoria falls or some other tourist destination. This is your lowest risk way of entering Zim. Generally speaking the Zimbabweans that come to South Africa are very pleasant, well educated people with a good work ethic. Much better than others in the region.
From what I have read even people with first hand knowledge of the treasure were unable to remember /identify its location with the ever changing vegetation etc. There are a few version of the story (as to be expected).
Chub

No need to base in South Africa. Malaria just need precaution or come in the winter when there are no mosquitos. There is nothing wrong with zim, it is as safe as any other destination, ask the many thousands of tourists that visit here. Just enTer through Harare. Your only requirements to go treasure hunting is to obtain a valid prospecting license from any regional ministry of mines office, a translator / local guide would bea bonus. Whilst gold is plentiful here in Zimbabwe and easy to find, i beleive mines of that magnitude if they existed would have been found already.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live and mine in Zimbabwe. I would be happy to help you out. Don’t listen to what others have posted. It is quite safe here. When you come I will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Sounds just like that episode of Twilight Zone..."To Serve Man"...

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to base in South Africa. Malaria just need precaution or come in the winter when there are no mosquitos. There is nothing wrong with zim, it is as safe as any other destination, ask the many thousands of tourists that visit here. Just enTer through Harare. Your only requirements to go treasure hunting is to obtain a valid prospecting license from any regional ministry of mines office, a translator / local guide would bea bonus. Whilst gold is plentiful here in Zimbabwe and easy to find, i beleive mines of that magnitude if they existed would have been found already.

I completely agree with you. Im just bearing in mind that the OP may have never been to Africa before.The suggestion to test drive it from a tourist angle was just to get him warmed up. Some people tend to romanticise Africa / treasure etc.

Did you get the 705 from Minelab in Joberg?

Chub

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely agree with you. Im just bearing in mind that the OP may have never been to Africa before.The suggestion to test drive it from a tourist angle was just to get him warmed up. Some people tend to romanticise Africa / treasure etc.

Did you get the 705 from Minelab in Joberg?

Chub

I no longer need a metal detector to find gold now.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Dazthedruid, from White Plains, New York! When I was in Zimbabwe, in 1975, it was called Rhodesia.

Named for Cecil Rhodes - who killed Lobengula.

If you want Lobengula's treasure - check with the Rhodes Scholarship organization, De Beers Diamond mines and the Bank of England. It's long gone from Africa.

But being a mystic you probably knew that. ;-)

JacZim

Aug 20, 2022
Hello Dazthedruid, from White Plains, New York! When I was in Zimbabwe, in 1975, it was called Rhodesia. My advice to you is don't ever go there. People are still losing their lives to landmines leftover from the war, and there are folks there that will kill you for pocket change, then eat you. So, if the climate and natural dangers don't get you, the local "miners" will. :skullflag:
Hello Sir, I am a Zimbabwean currently in South Africa, I need a sponsor to start treasure and gold hunting if you are interested. I have noticed you were in Zimbabwe before in 1975.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sir, I am a Zimbabwean currently in South Africa, I need a sponsor to start treasure and gold hunting if you are interested. I have noticed you were in Zimbabwe before in 1975.
Sorry, sir, it violates our rules to try to use TreasureNet to raise funds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread