bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Garrett Ace 400

I've had my Ace 400 for a few months now and love it.Other than it not being water proof like the AT Pro
I'd put it right their with it.I've got friends that have the AT Pro and I find as much as they do.The
basics are the same.You dry test different objects to determine the numbers to the objects.Depth is
just as good in my opinion and in a seeded hunt here while back I cut back on the sensitivity,put
it all coin mode and found more than most with the high end detectors.No it's not the best out there
but for the money?You'll like it.I found these two silvers with mine in what I thought was completely hunted out.
I had to go deep,but that's what this thing does.I recommend it.Of course the AT Pro is water proof.
I'm not into hunting in a pouring down rain or under water,so my water proof coil is all I need.
Good luck,good hunting,and don't forget to fill the holes....

Attachments

• Quarter and dime.jpg
    Quarter and dime.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 73

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the one I had. Never had falsing signals and had great descrimination accuracy. It's a good starter detector and will help you learn the basics of detecting. Save your clad until you have enough to buy an at pro..:,)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ground balance is important to you in your area then most definitely go for the pro.

OP
OP
G

Gwc

Feb 17, 2016
Eastern Shore of Md
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys,for the comments.I'm picking it up this afternoon after work.I do plan to upgrade in the future to a Pro but this will be great to learn on.And also to teach my kids on.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also love mine. I have the Ace 300 for the kids, and a 400 for myself. It's impressive how good the ID'ing is on it once you get the hours under your belt with it. I was planning on upgrading once i learned mine as well. Now that i have mine, i honestly don't see the need (for me) to upgrade at this point. But i too am not interested in the water hunting, and so far i have not really had a need for ground balancing. Good luck and happy hunting.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread